Denver,Colorado

Byron0
Level 2
New York, NY

Denver,Colorado

Hosting in Aurora, CO regarding local laws and ordinances.

8 Replies 8

Starting January 1st, you have to have a STR license and collect and pay 10.75% lodger's tax. Google that and get more info than I can post here.

Is your listing pushed to the bottom if you don't have auto-book on?

Not necessarily. There are many factors. I am testing a channel management company that fully integrates with Airbnb and requires Instant Book.

So they created a new listing with no completed stays but ported my reviews and superhost to the new listing. So it is an interesting test case. My old listing without IB but more completed stays and established response rate and without instant book is placed higher. So it leads me to believe response rate seems to be the deciding factor. But if you experiment you will see the order floats around so there is either some randomness or tries to balance out views. Another interesting note is that listing completeness seems to have an impact. The automated listing does not complete all the same fields as the manual listings (detailed description, bed configurations etc)

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Do we have to collect the Tax ourselves? I was under the impression that AirBnB collected it for us??? Oh no... 

I have the same question Brittany.. have you find out?

Yes you do.

Airbnb collects it for some cities but Denver is NOT one of them. I ask for it upon arrival via cash or venmo. PayPal charges a 2.9%fee + $.30 cents for each transaction,  everyone but one person was cool. The one who wasn't Bonnie, had never used Airbnb before & cancelled 5 day stay day of even though she knew for a week that I collected this tax. She said I was being shady!!! Yep trying to get rich $8 at a time!!! Airbnb refunded her 100%!  It's in my ad & it's in my welcome message they receive immediately after booking so there is no surprise. 

Erika182
Level 1
Miami, FL

Could someone tell me the laws in Denver on air bnb?  Is it different if the house is zoned for multi use?