Anyone else having Short Term Rental Hassle in Denver?

Anyone else having Short Term Rental Hassle in Denver?

Are any hosts having issues with renewing there STR license in Denver? I’ve sent all the documents required to comply and it appears they are stalling intentionally hoping I’m going to give up eventually. I’ve been persistent and even sent copies of all the docs requested to the Department of Excise and Licenses by certified mail. 

I thought about contacting Airbnb but from all the comments I’ve read. Your on your own and are responsible for any fines and penalties. 

For obvious reasons I put my listing and change the status to snooze until I eventually get this resolved.

Thank you to anyone who can spread some wisdom and knowledge.

cheers 

Edi 

4 Replies 4
Heidi720
Level 1
Denver, CO

Hi!

I'm wondering if you have found a cohost for your properties yet? I am a Denver local + love to help guide people to what makes Denver such a great place to visit or live. I find any time you are dealing with the government, it's best to go into the office to have your issues resolved. Mail/email + voicemails are so backed up and inefficient these days. Especially in the bureaucracy.

Please contact me at **[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelinesif you're interested in what services I can offer you! I'd be happy to do a quick consultation. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Heidi720 

Thanks for taking the time to post here on the Community Center.

I just wanted to let you know that I had to remove your email address, as we don't allow personal contact details to be shared in public in accordance with our Community Center Guidelines

This is to ensure you have a safe experience in the Community Center 🙂 

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Craig720
Level 1
Denver, CO

I’m also experiencing delays in renewing my license.  The city keeps asking for more paperwork.  I’m in full compliance and I live in my property so I’m not sure what the issue is.   Any suggestions from the community would be great.  

Hi Craig - Did you ever get any help with your issue?

I'm looking into buying an investment property to do Airbnb, but with these changing law, I don't now if it's even a good idea now. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

Daniel