Destination Weddings

Bev-and--Rod0
Level 1
Vallecito, CA

Destination Weddings

Has anyone or is anyone doing destination weddings at their airbnb site? 

I live in a very small community with an extremely picturesque 100 year old church.  My home is just around the corner and I have a beautiful yard for social gatherings. 

I have freinds who do photography, hair, nails, make-up and even catering and wedding cakes.  I am thinking about doing small destination weddings and receptions here in my community (Maximum of 30 people) and was wondering if anyone in the Airbnb community would be interested in expanding on this idea. 

I am also interested in seeing if airbnb would be interested in creating a special group for couples to research ideas for planning their own destination weddings. 

16 Replies 16

Hi Letti0,

I tried to find your Elopements and Small Intimate Weddings experience and failed. Are you still doing that? Can you tell me your experience as I am considering same. Thank you

Melissa664
Level 2
Incline Village, NV

Glad I found this thread. We have a plot in Hawaii that is currently untouched by any development with 260-degree ocean views. I was thinking it might be ideal for family portraits, engagement photos, or ceremonies of any kind (elopement, vow renewal, retirement, blessings, etc.).   Only trouble at the moment is that it's nearly impossible to get to without a 4x4. I'm also not sure how I could "host" such an experience when all I would really be doing is opening the land for a few hours at a time. Perhaps I could team up with a photog, officiant, or "host" with a Jeep...

Thoughts?