Destroyed room after american guest. Extra charge for cleaning.

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

Destroyed room after american guest. Extra charge for cleaning.

I need help. American stayed for one night and completele destroyed the room with orange chemical stains. I add the photo. The guest left at 9 in the morning of 8 of augist 2019 and then came back and said he missed his nail clipper. He was looking for it all over the room. And I was looking after the guest. I told the guest to move the part of the sofa to see if the nail clipper is there. He refused. Then he left the second time. That was final. I moved the element of the sofa and saw a huge orange chemical stain. Now I understand why he didn't wanna move the sofa. I need to charge extra for cleaning the chemicals. How is it done?

P.S. The trash basket was staying on the table... what a level of culture....

dirt 1.jpgdirt 2.jpgdirt 3.jpgdirt 4.jpgdirt 5.jpg

44 Replies 44
Daphne70
Level 8
Montagu, South Africa

@Olga464 I wonder if those stains are perhaps Friar's Balsam? It has a very strong smell. The reason I ask is because he came back looking for his nail clippers. My hubby performs "surgery" on his ingrown toenails and uses Friars Balsam as a disinfectant. It is awful stuff and the stains can never be removed.  Hope this is not what you are dealing with.

@Daphne70  Thank you for the info

@Olga464 

Hope it isn't Agent Orange.

Check your houseplants out..

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

And here is actually the nail clipper comming. What can you expect from the person if he's keeping the nail clipper in such state....Nail Clipper 1.jpg

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

We just applied for the 50 bucks money compensation, as mentioned online and in paper contract signed by the guest upon the arrival (which is also the complete copy of our ad online). The request for money compensation was sent to the guest around 13:20 on 8th of August 2019. Let's see how quickly the departments are working and how the guest behaves.

We also sent the request asking the Guest what orange liquid was it poured by the Guest on the carpet, to pass the info to the cleaning department to neutralize the molecula of this liquid. The Guest has to answer twice, if he is ready to  pay, and what liquid was it. We also added the photo of trash basket on the table and other mess left. If he declines answering both questions, then I make the report.

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

The Help Department says we have to wait for 72 hours for client's answer.

But we asked what type of liquid was it to neutralize the molecula of the liquid now.

As we have to welcome other people non stop ( we are placed in the most central spot of the capital, sometimes we sell the room 4 times a day, if clients decline and do not wanna stay in a room, the dates are open for the next coming guests, the guest traffic is huge here).

We need to find out now, what liquid was it. In case, if airbnb doesn't help to find out what type of liquid was it ( call and ask the client ), then we are not able to clean the carpet just now, 

and loose money during 72 hours.

This is a huge timing dimerit in a SYSTEM.

The rules regulations department has to work upon timing concerning such questions.

72 hours means 2 days of delays or non availability for other clients' stays.

Who is covering 2 days financial comensation for the other clients?

- The owner of the place?

- The client who left orange stain?

- Airbnb financial department?

WHO?

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

It's 14:15. Russian Speaking department is not helpful by far. They are not calling the guest and not asking what type of liquid was it so we would be able on our end to neutralize the stain.  And welcome other people.  Very slow level of replies.

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

it's 14:40. We still can not get the reply or help from Airbnb Help Department in terms of them calling the guest and finding out what type of liquid the guest poured on the carpet, so, our cleaning department can apply the treatment to neutralize the formula of the orange stain left after the visit of american guest.

Wow Olga, I feel sorry for you. Be patient with the Airbnb help line. I'm not sure how it is in The Ukraine, but I've asked for their assistance in a few matters and they always get back to me. Sometimes it takes a few days, though. Good luck in resolving this. 

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

15:04. No help from russian department. No help since the guest departed, means no help since 9:00 in the morning.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Olga464  Those clippers are gross, but it looks like something orange is on them so maybe the two are related.  You could try a baking soda paste which in theory shouldn't set any stains in, but my guess is that rug may be ruined. 

I'm waiting for the official answer of airbnb help department concerning what was written on a bottle where the orange liquid was. Then the professionals will be neutralizing the stain moleculas.

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

The update: at 16:02 of the same day the client departed the russian speaking support operator called and said that she connected to the guest to find out more of what type of liquid was it to help us neutralize the molecula of the stain. The guest rejected everything and said he didn't pour anything on the carpet. 

Later I wrote the letter to the guest with the same question. He answered it was cola. Nothing medical for the feet. And that I can throw his rusty nail clipper away (what a honor!).

And now we are charging him 50 extra bucks, the info about financial penalties is introduced online in our ad, sent and confirmed by the guest in our intro letter to him. And signed by the guest on a paper version of the contract, which is also the complete copy of our ad online and the intro letter.

We will see how helpful airbnb can be and  if there is actually any reason of writing online these rules ever. If airbnb helps, then, yes, there is a reason. If airbnb doesn't help, we put very low raiting to the guest with very detailed description of his behavior step by step. And also the behaviour of airbnb support department.

By far, as i know, if the rating is very low, the guest can not book immediately anymore.

@Olga464 If you mention the Airbnb support decision or case in your review it is grounds for possible removal.