Destroyed room after american guest. Extra charge for cleaning.

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

Destroyed room after american guest. Extra charge for cleaning.

I need help. American stayed for one night and completele destroyed the room with orange chemical stains. I add the photo. The guest left at 9 in the morning of 8 of augist 2019 and then came back and said he missed his nail clipper. He was looking for it all over the room. And I was looking after the guest. I told the guest to move the part of the sofa to see if the nail clipper is there. He refused. Then he left the second time. That was final. I moved the element of the sofa and saw a huge orange chemical stain. Now I understand why he didn't wanna move the sofa. I need to charge extra for cleaning the chemicals. How is it done?

P.S. The trash basket was staying on the table... what a level of culture....

dirt 1.jpgdirt 2.jpgdirt 3.jpgdirt 4.jpgdirt 5.jpg

44 Replies 44

@Emilia42  then i will just mention the decision of the guest and his motility step by step to warn other users about such low level of culture of this person.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Olga464   Not sure why the guest was so difficult about admitting there was a orange soda spill.  Spills happen and it would have allowed you to react more quickly.  Good news is that it should come out.

I do have one question about your post, why was it important to the post issue for you to identify the guest as "American"?

@Linda108  the guest came from USA and registered in USA. Why are you asking?

I have never seen a post that designated the place a guest came from unless it was germaine to the issue.  Just curious.

@Linda108  Well, there is the first time for everything.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Olga464 

Yes, i experienced that in my life too....

@Linda108  We are speaking facts here. And the guest of this particular case came from America and was american.

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

9th of August 2019. The guest is declining to pay 50 dollars for the chemical damage of the carpet. Reminding here that the guest said "yes" to the house rules in airbnb chat correspondence and also signed the paper which is a complete copy of my ad online with all prices for damage included on three levels of info verification (site, intro letter, paper agreement). I am interested in how airbnb supports me as a host in terms of compensating me small 50 bucks sum.

Kat84
Level 10
San Pedro, Philippines

Olga, Airbnb will ask you for Official Receipt (квитанцию) of professional laundry services. If you will remove the stain yourself, then they will not pay you a single centavo.

In this situation you can ask them to pay, if you have:

1) Official Receipt for carpet cleaning at professional laundry (take pictures of the laundry shop and your carpet)

2) Official Receipt for buying extra cleaning materials, if you decided to clean the carpet yourself 

@Kat84  We have official price list signed by the guest and launched in our ad. That's the official price of our labor. We are very dissapointed with the level of the culture this american guest represented. Very low level of culture.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Olga464 I thought you had an airtight list of rules and regulations! Go get'em!!!!!

@Suzanne302  My rules are for civilized people.

@Suzanne302  We are very disappointed, that american guest represented  such a poor level of culture on our europe land, in our rare architectural monument, one of the Oldest Guest Houses in Europe, 150 years old. We think that Airbnb reputation suffers from such a low level of this american guest's responsibility.

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

@Olga464  You dont know what a Mess is, that stuff is pretty tame if you ask me.

@Nina75 , we have different standards of cleanness here in Europe. Ok, I wrote this context of review for this american guest's behavior (I think it's informative. What do you think, guys?):

"We *** DO NOT RECOMMEND !!! *** this Guest to any other hosts all around the world. We *** DO NOT RECOMMEND !!! *** this client to the hotels. The client made the act of vandalism towards the room interior of our One of the Oldest Guest Houses in Europe which is around one hundred fifty years old governmental architectural monument. During 18 hours of stay the entire room was covered with oily stains of food (breakage of the house rule of not eating in the room) and the huge chemical orange stain was left on the light carpet near the sofa. We made all photos of damage and documents signed by the Guest upon the arrival. We have 3 levels of info checking and verification of the House Rules and very strict protocols of settlement. The Guest agreed all the conditions and the damage pricing on all three levels of verification. Only after that we placed him in our house.  The cost over a night stay is less than forty US dollars. The damage price for the stain removal in governmental architectural historical monument is 50 dollars. The cleaning sums are shown in our ad online, were sent in our first introduction letter to the Guest, which was the same copy of our ad online, and also was represented in the paper version of the contract each guest signs upon the arrival in two copies, which is the copy of the info launched in our ad online as well and helps to keep the discipline of our house on a proper level. This Guest stayed with in-house host, hit the doors in extremally loud way, damaged the textile surfaces with greasy and chemical colorful substances. Later the Guest LIED to the representative of Support Airbnb Department, that he didn't do anything. Finally recognized the fact of vandalism and wrote back on airbnb platform to us what was that exact chemical coloring liquid he poured on our light carpet in the room. So our cleaning department was able to neutralize the molecula of that huge orange stain. The Guest COMPLETELY REJECTED to pay the damage. In case if the Guest shows up near our house again or books our place we will be calling the police right in a moment.  The behavior of the Client was close to menthal disorder.  He might be very dangerous for the hosts and the properties. *** WE ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RECOMMEND *** this person to any other hosts on Airbnb. WE MAKE THIS WARNING FOR ALL HOSTS AROUND THE WORLD for the other hosts' and properties' safety. The act of vandalism took place during the Guest's stay with in-house host. The Guest's behaviour is absolutely out of control. Nothing stops him. When we opened the room we were in a complete shock like if we let somebody from the zoo stay over a night in a room, not the human being, The damage during these eighteen hours of Guest's stay acceeded the wear and tear from the summary of all clients we got from Airbnb over the last year. This is the first time ever in our one hundred fifty years old rental practice we put such a low rating to the person. WE WARN ALL OTHER HOSTS AROUND THE WORLD - SAVE YOUR PROPERTIES AND HEALTH and listen to our detailed review represented in here. P.S. We also found the trash floor basket full of leftovers, standing on the white table poured by grease and orange liquid stains. The white table is meant to be the neat working place for people. The motility of this client was extremally weird. WE WERE ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED BY THE POOR LEVEL OF CULTURE  AND COMPLETE ABSENCE OF RESPONSIBILITY THIS VISITOR REPRESENTED IN OUR HOUSE. We faced an adult big sized man with the motility and the level of responsibility of an infant. We transfered this case to Airbnb department which is working with dangerous clients."