Destroyed room after american guest. Extra charge for cleaning.

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

Destroyed room after american guest. Extra charge for cleaning.

I need help. American stayed for one night and completele destroyed the room with orange chemical stains. I add the photo. The guest left at 9 in the morning of 8 of augist 2019 and then came back and said he missed his nail clipper. He was looking for it all over the room. And I was looking after the guest. I told the guest to move the part of the sofa to see if the nail clipper is there. He refused. Then he left the second time. That was final. I moved the element of the sofa and saw a huge orange chemical stain. Now I understand why he didn't wanna move the sofa. I need to charge extra for cleaning the chemicals. How is it done?

P.S. The trash basket was staying on the table... what a level of culture....

dirt 1.jpgdirt 2.jpgdirt 3.jpgdirt 4.jpgdirt 5.jpg

44 Replies 44

@Olga464  Im Bulgarian.... Хотите увидеть несколько фотографий правда разрушение

I have Plenty...

@Nina75  we are interested in raising, not lowering the standards of service. We've been in rental business on the market for 150 years. It's 15 times longer than airbnb exsists.

Who is we? Unless you are a Vampire, you havnt been hosting for 150yrs.

@ the family in business.

@Olga464  That review is far, far too long. Even as a fellow host, I couldn't get through it. Work on condensing it- all other hosts need to know is that the guest left a mess and refused to pay for removal of the stain he left on the carpet and tried to hide it. All the rest is just you letting off steam, it doesn't assist other hosts in deciding whether or not to host this guest.

You know I love and laugh at a lot of your posts, but this review just makes you sound unhinged, sorry. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I agree with @Sarah977. I didn't read your review as it was too long. You can get your point across in two 15-20 word paragraphs.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Olga464 how is spilling soda close to a mental disorder and being a danger to other hosts and people? You know I support you and believe that he should pay but I also think you are a bit too harsh in your review. Spills happen, I am sure you have spilled something in your life. True, he should have notified you right away but this response just makes you look too rigid and Airbnb could remove it if the guest asks since it is quite detailed and personally I feel it is a bit offensive. This whole thing could ve explained in 3 factual sentences without the subjectuve diagnosis and bold capital letters. 

@Ana1136  It's not only soda. I said to the clients that we are taking people on a daily basis. And we ask to keep tidy as we have no time for a professional dry cleaning on a daily basis. Also we ask not to shout doors. He spilled the grease and cola all over the place (the rule is to take food only on the territory of the kitchen or the blacony, not the room), and he shouted doors as crazy late at night. Taking to account that the inhouse host was in, that means breakage of numerous rules on purpose. Like if: "What are you gonna do me? I wll not pay, anyway". Very low level of culture of this american guest. And complete disrespect. Only menthally ill people can behave like that. 

@Ana1136 Съгласен...  тя е супер строга

@Nina75  I am objective. If you rent a place at a very effortable price for 1 night, do not make a mess that exceeds the price of stay, respect others people home and do not show the poor level of culture.

@Gordon0  me review is very objective.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>I think it's informative. What do you think, guys?<<

You don't really care what anybody thinks, @Olga464, so I'm not sure why you asked. 

@Sarah977  my review is very objective.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Olga464   The objective of your review is to warn other hosts about him, so all you need to do is say that he broke house rules that he agreed to in writing, damaged the apartment by leaving food and other stains, and failed to take responsibility or apologize, and if he broke other rules you can list them.

There is no need for such a long review and the mentions of airbnb increase the chances it will be removed by the company.  

@Mark116  It's already removed.