Did Airbnb email a Private message?

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

Did Airbnb email a Private message?

Hi all.....just wondering if anyone else has gotten an email saying Airbnb sent a private message.  I received one maybe a week and a half ago, it was screwy so I called Airbnb and they said they did not send it.  I've gotten 2 more since, both within 24 hrs, they both went in the trash.  Just curious to know if any of you got that email too.  I was told to change my password which I did, and I still got the 2 emails afterwards.?

4 Replies 4
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

No. Sounds like a phishing attempt.

Hi.....they got me the first time, just glad I called ABB about it, altho it was unnerving to see 2 more come in after changing me password.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Wende2 ,

Was this a private message allegedly from the platform or the CC? Thanks for reporting,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

Hi......I'm not sure which they said were contacting me, the first time I called, they went over my communications and said they did not send that email, I actually received 2 more some days after, just put them straight into spam.  Thing is, I changed my password before the other 2 showed  up, just wondering of anyone else had it happen.  I did open the first and couldn't sign in, it acted like a glitch was happening, altho I did see in the discussions that trouble signing in was a topic.?  So I thought I'd put it out there that after calling, they said it was not a message from Airbnb.