Did that really just happen?

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Did that really just happen?

Guest departs and tells me she put the dirty towels in my linen cabinet!?!? In what universe does a person live in where a host says "Please, put all dirty towels in a linen cabinet with other clean towels." Not to mention the linen cabinet is not labeled, there is a laundry bag in the bathroom and the instructions in the room state to leave the dirty towels in the bathroom! She stayed in the room for 12 hours before check out blasting the TV with the door open and yammering on speakerphone and didn't read this simple instruction leaflet or bother to ask me.

This is truly a first.

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Zacharias0 Was it a digital age representative? 😉 More of them to come... Just let's hope not all guests will be like that. Just remember, most guests who have not read the house rules are then harsh and highly subjective in their reviews.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Zacharias0  You get the weirdest folks staying with you!  😛

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Oh my. Crying/laughing emoji if I could. 

Why do people inflict themselves on the rest of us?

i will now stop complaining about the people who can’t follow the checkout instructions— at least they weren’t this person. 

Steve2743
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

Some people have simply never been housebroken. I now check inside every single cupboard in the kitchen, even the empty ones, because one of my first guests stuffed a week's worth of garbage into the empty cupboards. Empty soda cans, pizza boxes, Kleenex, packages from his shopping trip. Everything. And I didn't notice it until about 15 minutes before my next guest was due to show up. I mean, don't take out the trash, for all I care. Leave it by the door, or on the counter. But don't bloody hide it. 

Steve