Direct booking from guest with no profile photo .. its a risk for us as a hosts ?

Direct booking from guest with no profile photo .. its a risk for us as a hosts ?

Airbnb aproved a direct booking from a guest with no profile photo  and no refferences . I request the guest to upload a profile photo and give details on her trip , I ve received no answer , then for security reasons , I cancelled her booking .  Airbnb charged me $50 as a penalty for the cancellation , but how airbnb could let pass through a direct booking for a profile with no photo and no reference ?  

I consider airbnb did not right to me . Please give  your opinion on this matter . 

4 Replies 4
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Edward131 🙂

You should never ever cancel a reservation. It will hurt your ratings badly. Always contact airbnb customer service and they will help you out/do the cancellation.

Contact airbnb and they will help you out.

Best, Sandra

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Edward131,

Sometimes I get an instant booking with no profile photo, or a photo that doesn't show the guest's face.

I always ask them to upload a face profile photo. After a few days and two requests I involve Airbnb support if the guest hasn't uploaded a photo or sent me one by message or email.

In one case the guest wanted to keep their profile photo of a dog but they did send me a face photo by email.

So far everyone has responded to me or to the request from Airbnb support.

Steve.

@Edward131@ this has happened to me too and I dont like it. Guests should have to have a photo and follow host requirements. My booking says the same thing. Im told now there is this BS they think hosts are being discrimininating. I am not I want to see and know who is staying with me I live alone and that is my right to know that and see guests! What has airbnb done to help you@Steve143

@Steve143 Did Airbnb support you?