Dirt on Airbnb And Proof Superhosts may be superior (or crazy)

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Dirt on Airbnb And Proof Superhosts may be superior (or crazy)

As I was reloading my Airbnb app for the Android Play Store, one thing popped.

According to the Play Store, the Airbnb app rates only a 4.3 out of 5 stars!

This means Airbnb does not get 5 stars most of the time!

Now I think the Airbnb app is great. It is run by smart effective people, has an incredible new concept and is 100% disruptive.

Yet, most users who rate them don't think they deserve 5 out of 5 stars!!!

Whew, I now have proof that seeking 5 out 5 stars 80% of the time for Superhost status is very difficult. Even with all the money in the world and a brilliant product, Airbnb is at the mercy at the capriousness of those who rate them.

I feel much better knowing that when Airbnb scolds me, I know that I get more 5 stars than they do - even if I'm not a Superhost.

Superhosts, you should feel good about yourselves. More importantly, those who are not superhosts should also feel good about their product - it's probably better than Airbnb's 🙂

8 Replies 8
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Paul154, just as much as I sometimes hate that cynicism of yours, I admit you're 100% correct. 😉 Airbnb will have to revise their rules at some point. Personally, I gave up hopes for SH long ago, either I am 99% booked, or carefully choose guests, longing for the badge.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

The laugh of the day! Thank you @Paul154

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Paul154 I think the rating that you saw on the play store is the rating about the app not about Airbnb services and facilities that they provide. Dont forget this is the only online network that allows you to book a home at the other end of the planet in just one click. Concerning the Superhost status i am myself a Superhost and have been a Super for over a year now and i personally get the feeling that guests expect more from you when you have the badge but being a Superhosts does helps a lot in terms of ranking among the competitors. Work hard and dont give up trying to become a better host. Good luck!!!

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Paul154

I was going to download this app on android but I cancelled it within 24 hours beforehand.

Can I still leave a review!?

😄 loool @Elena87

John915
Level 3
New York, United States

@Paul154

LOVED reading this!

Excellent points. Some people are just never happy or have wildly different expectations. I like the convenience of the app but I would not give it 5 stars....probably 4-4.5 as there are some things that should be changed (too easy to accidentally confirm/deny a request, info is not always as up-to-date as website, etc).

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0

Totally agree. I recently became a SH but people's expectations are a bit different. It probably helps in search placement since guests can filter but it also sets people's expectations. Someone complained about an ice cream truck outside?!?!?! (seriously, if you are bothered by ice cream trucks, you need to find an ABB where there are no people or animals....NYC is probably not the best choice). Another asked if I prepared breakfast in the AM for people. (pffffftttt???? Seriously dude? For the price you're paying to stay in New York, there is a donut shop down the street and you should buy me some donuts and bring them back)

GREAT POST. Makes me feel a lot better because I'm sure I will "lose" the badge soon. Just keep doing what we're doing as hosts and try to make guests comfortable.

Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

I accept both designations - superior and crazy!

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland