Discount For Four Nights

Suzi25
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Discount For Four Nights

I live in San Jose and rent my room as a commuter room on MTWTh nights. Is there a way for me to set up a discounted rate when someone rents for all four nights? I'd prefer to rent to one person for four nights at a time and am willing to discount that.

I don't see any way to do that on the Air BnB platform. I can discount for guests who stay for a week or for a month, but see no way to discount otherwise. I can post a discounted rate on the calendar, but that does not ensure that someone rents all four nights. 

Anyone have any idea how to do this? Thanks in advance!

Suzi

5 Replies 5
Moud1
Level 2
Tetouan, Morocco

Airbnb only let you discount for a week/month, so even if you put it in your listing I don't see how can you put it practice when they want to pay since they won't have the discount when they pay

Great idea.  But the site is very limited and anything like this becomes labor intensive for the host as has to be done manually and also subject to error and misunderstandings. You could suggest to Airbnb to add  the choice of a block of days for discount,  3 nights, 4 nights, 5 nights, weekend etc. instead of just weekly/monthly,  as a function.  I think there is a place somewhere to add questions for the upcoming Q&A also. 

Thanks, Ange,

Does anyone have any idea how to request this kind of a feature of Airbnb?

Suzi

Hi Suzi,

There used to be a section called Host Voice but it seems to have disappeared. You could try the following link to send a message, but  not sure how often it is read   www.airbnb.com/feedback.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello Suzi,

As you rent only from Monday to Thursday you can do it with the rule-set feature.

You create a rule that has a four night discount and then apply that rule to the period for which you rent your room.

You'll first have to enable rule-sets if you haven't already done so. This will change your default calendar view to the multi-calendar view where all dates are in a single line. You can select the full month view by clicking on the text of your listing name.

To enable rule-sets

========

Go to the link below.

https://www.airbnb.com/hosttools

I scrolled down to the "Work the way you want" section and clicked on "Use the tools now" link. On the next page I scrolled to the "reservations" section and clicked on "Use the multi-calendar".

Even though I have only one listing the calendar then showed rule-sets.

You can then click on "Create a new rule-set".

Create the rule-set

=======

The length of stay discounts setup doesn't work properly in Firefox. Use chrome or Microsoft's browser instead.

Go to your calendar, which should now be in the multicalendar view format, and you should see a "Create a new rule-set" button on the right.

Click that and then enter a name for the rule in the "Rule-set name" box at the top. You can also choose a colour for the rule. This will be used to shade the multicalendar dates to which the rule is applied.

Then click "Customize" for "Lenght of stay discounts".

Select 4 nights in the "Add a custom discount" box.

Then set the discount in the 4-night discount box that appears above it.

Now scroll down and click "Save".

Apply the length of stay rule

=======

Now go to your calendar whole month view and click on the first date to which you wish to apply this rule. In the box on the right fill in the start and end dates for the rule e.g. the18th of June to the 28th of December. Then scroll down and select the rule in the "Rule-sets" box. Then click on "Save".

The dates to which this rule applies will then, in the multi-calendar single line view, have the colour you chose for the rule. The default is pink.

As time passes you may have to click on future dates to apply this rule them. At the moment your calendar ahs Monday to Thursday availability up to the end of December but all days are bookable from January onwards.

Steve.