Discouraged with no photos and now No ability to see reviews BEFORE booking???

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

Discouraged with no photos and now No ability to see reviews BEFORE booking???

Suddenly I see the new guests format for inquiry to book - of course, without a photo and this is already a challenge. But NOW they (guest) have 5 reviews or 2 reviews, HOWEVER, I am not allowed to see them before I accept their request ???? Am I caught in a nightmare??

Also the new format is very user unfriendly to me..............even clicking back and forth to see what was past history of guests has become almost impossible and so cumbersome that I am truly frustrated.

Is there something that I have missed and am doing wrong?   Also, Air Review has stopped showing results.

I understand and have studied the platform so intensively BUT this is too much and too wild. 

I am not a new host -- super host of 1 1/2 yrs.....also the leader of the Pensacola Hosts Club and so I spend extensive time working to know and understand Airbnb and all thats going on. But these sudden new shifts are very weird to navigate.

Hey CC friends, Robin, Ben, Fred, Inna, Huma, Branka  and Silvia, Sarah all you out there what's your take on this please.

I just wanna have it streamline like it was some months ago.

Not enjoying this new shift and the crazy changes. 

thanks for any thoughts or ideas to guide me!!!

happy hosting, Clara

18 Replies 18
David122
Level 4
Santa Fe, NM

I have the same issue.  Now the pictures of the guests wanting to book are thumb nails and impossible to make out.

Luisa49
Level 1
Utrecht, Netherlands

Hi all,

sorry to join this conversation just now but I wanted to start one my own about the same topic and then I ofound this one..... I have of course the same problem and it looks like I am not seeing guest reviews before accepting them because I do not allow instant booking. Now I do not want instant booking as I have two daughters and I want to be able to exchange a couple of messages with the potential guests to have a better picture of who is coming in my house to share my space with my daughters and oh I can understand a lot from the way the guests introduce themselves!! But of course being able to see their reviews is my right as they do see the reviews of my place!! what is this? blind review as in academia?????? I find it totally unfair. I am penalized anyway for not having instant booking as many guest prefer to click et voila'  without bothering sending an email....  Iis somebody among you with no instant booking and no access to guests' pics and reviews who want to start an action with me?

Kindly,

Luisa

Julia1
Level 8
London, United Kingdom

Totally agree, what is the point of reviews if potential hosts can't see them.  Airbnb's orginal excuse for removing photos before booking was to combat racism as I understand it, in this day and age and as a supposedly high tech company I am amazed that Airbnb cannot let us see photos (and reviews) and weedle out racist behaviour by applying an algorithm to cancellations.  

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Luisa49 I totally agree with you....I do NOT do IB and WILL NOT do IB - you are braver than me. I could not have people in my home....AND if I had kids, I could not.  But, I have seen some bad/evil and I am doing well finally and so I get it that you want communication with and to know something about guests. If I were you I would post a photo with a MAN - cause you mention the 2 daughters and their age?? And the cats and name. I'd just kinda make like their is a man around?? Maybe there is - but, I'm not sure from the listing. Anyway, I have a cottage out back and I want to communicate with guests before - and usually I ask  the name of the person coming with them and often they give full name of them and I look them up on FB and then I almost always see my requesting guests as their friend and as we know photos tell alot of stories. Also, I use a phone and ALSO my laptop.....laptop NO photos - but the mobile phone - (ah, yes) so I check there first NOW and then go to my laptop. That has helped me alot. try it. I just saw a Q & A and they mentioned this no photos - and they are so stuck on the discrimination words I don't think we will get past it. It is NOT right, fair but they call the shots. good luck and happy hosting, Clara