Dishonest guest requesting full refund AFTER completing trip?!?

Pamela153
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Dishonest guest requesting full refund AFTER completing trip?!?

I have just had a guest stay the weekend.

After his trip he complained about the oven and dishwasher, both which my father came and tended to (there was a power cut and the timer reset) 

He has since gone and lied about these things not working, he took a pic of a tiny dead spider,  and another pic of a tiny bit of blue fluff claiming it was another spider, and has said my sheets and linen were unclean (this he didnt have a pic of because it is an outright lie) He took a pic of the top shelve of my freezer frozen over which was the case but there were 4 other drawers perfectly fine. 

He has said the heating and hot water wasnt working-both a lie. All of these things came AFTER trip and there was no making us aware to any of it during the trip as I do have HELP ONSITE. (My parents)

It is very clear what he is attemtping to do...

Has anyone faced this and what has been the outcome?

I'm willing to send Airbnb pics and videos to back myself up.

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Besides this post i noticed the reviews on your and the guest page, included the comments.

It's rather difficult to see what is true and what not, from both sides

But from a more practical point of view i think:

If the guest wants a total refund after completing the trip, he should be in contact with AIRBNB.

Hope everything will be sorted out in the right way.

Best regards,

Emiel

Amy-And-Gin0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

@Pamela153

Had something similar happen to me.  After the guest completed the trip, she placed a request out of the blue citing things that she had no proof.  I recommend asking the guest to open a Resolution Request and you can decline it.  At the end of the day, the guest did stay the whole period and if there were issues he/she should've raised them during the stay to allow you to resolve, not afterward.  They don't really have a case.  Just trying their luck..

Amy-And-Gin0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

@Pamela153

Had something similar happen to me.  After the guest completed the trip, she placed a request out of the blue citing things that she had no proof.  I recommend asking the guest to open a Resolution Request and you can decline it.  At the end of the day, the guest did stay the whole period and if there were issues he/she should've raised them during the stay to allow you to resolve, not afterward.  They don't really have a case.  Just trying their luck..

Zero protection for hosts. I am in utter disbelief and I am sure of one thing this has happened to many other guests. For me it has been highly personal because my parents go in and bust their backs and this man has caused absolute family angst. He uploaded a pic of blue fluff and claimed it to be a spider! I am gobsmacked. It doesnt end here for me.

Jo723
Level 2
Kiama Downs, Australia

Yes  this is exactly what has happened to me.  I agree there appears to be zero protection.

2 weeks after his trip and Airbnb has reqarded him 50% refund. Good. 

When Airbnb can claim there has been a Violation of Cleanliness in my home when my parents go in and break their backs to make sure the place is cleaned from top to bottom. For a guest to come along, enjoy their stay, make no complaints of uncleanliness UNTIL over a WEEK after their stay and discredit all their hardwork with a pic of blue fluff claiming to be a spider!? Among other rubbish!

It is beyond disgusting! And has gotten very personal for me.

These rogue guests are getting away with murder.