Dishonesty guest

Tina457
Level 2
Renton, WA

Dishonesty guest

We have a guest Suzie from local reserved for 6 adults only for one night yesterday.  She was asking couple hours check in earlier and three hours later for the checkout. We agreed. On the day of check-in, she told me they were coming here for a Church conference. We will very happy to host them.  However, in the late afternoon and the night of yesterday, we found out from the outdoor monitoring devices, there was several young men and girls went into the house not from the front door, instead of went in by the backyard patio door.  And there were 7 cars parked at our parking lot. ( we have all evidence ) We can clearly heard the loud music and lots of noise from inside of the house through our outside monitoring devices. 

After provided all evidence to the Airbnb, finally the listing was canceled by Airbnb and Airbnb asked those people to leave at 00:00 midnight. We then went back to the house and found out that the front door key and the keypad was missing, and the front door was not locked. We had no text, no phone calls, and no email etc. from Suzie, and the door was total unlocked.  We have never been informed where is the key by Suzie through her text, phone calls and email at all. 

We then have to change a lock, add a new key box and ask for a reimbursement. However, it's been declined by her. We provided evidence and waiting for the response from Airbnb.  

This is a very frustrating and unhappy experience especially when we are brand new hosts. 

5 Replies 5
Aboul-Soud0
Level 2
Giza Governorate, Egypt

Don’t be 😞 it’s happening more in here so you are lucky the keep everything normal 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Tina457 Those types of hustlers gravitate toward new unsuspecting hosts, they tend to not try that stunt with 'battle-scarred' ones. I bet you won't let that happen again. It does get easier with time.

Tina457
Level 2
Renton, WA

Thank you for all your advice and encouragements. The other things were bothered they violated the rules I set, no smoke including marijuana. When we went into the house after the listing canceled that night, we smelled a very strong marijuana smell( We don't smoke, but can recognize definitely was not regular cigarettes smell )sull of the house.  And there were piled empty pizza boxes,  and water bottles, beer and soda cans full of the garbage can. I was pretty frustrated by these strangers and went bought new locks and claim for reimbursement. 

Thank you for allowing me to share with you guys.  

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Tina457

did they get a refund for days not spent? I hope not.

No, because of Airbnb's decision canceled the listing, they didn't get the refund. The guest then wrote a very bad review on me.  In addition, we had to spend a couple of hours cleaning garbages and floorings and changing the key and lockbox.  What a bad experience!