Disputing Reviews

The-Mansion11
Level 1
Oklahoma City, OK

Disputing Reviews

Hello Airbnb Community, 

I have been hosting since 2015. We pride our selves in cleanliness. I'm a germ phobia. We have a nonsmoking property.  We have signs posted inside and outside to remind guest not to smoke. The guest has two reviews from other hosts who smoked. So we made special care to leave the guest a not and sent them a message. They guest spent one night, messaged the blankets were dirty. They had been washed the morning before they arrived. We are 2 minutes away.

We replied We would pick them up and rewash them. We we arrived they were gone. The house was a mess and they very well had slept i the beds. They wrote a review saying our house was dirty. Our reviews speak about our house being clean. We have excellent maids.  I tried to dispute the review but the resolution department had already made up their minds saying it was the guests experience and they can't remove the review.  Where is the support for the hosts? I feel discriminated against. I know it's only one review but it is obvious it is untruthful. Does any one know how we can go beyond the resolution center to complain about the host not being considered in this situation? 

7 Replies 7

@The-Mansion11 No host in history has ever felt a critical remark was fair or deserved. Your recourse is to write a public response to the review; censorship is not the answer.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@The-Mansion11 I don't see such a review on your profile. Where is it?

It's pending. I just knew once I didn't go along with what they did it was going to be bad. I'm still wondering if or how to respond. 

@The-Mansion11  What do you mean it's pending? How were you able to see the review if it hasn't been published yet? Or are you confusing a guest's private feedback to you with a review?

If a guest makes complaints in private feedback, rather than the public review, never respond to that in your public response. Respond to private feedback by sending the guest a private message.

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@The-Mansion11  save your energy disputing this review. Your scores are still quite high. Concentrate on leaving the response and making sure that it doesn't make things worse. I don't see this poor review. If this is private feedback, don't respond. There is no need to drag that out into the light if the guest has left a good enough public facing review. If its not and I just can't view it,  I would say:

"So and so was a pleasant guest. We do not offer smoking on our property and perhaps this was a detail missed by so and so before booking. As a result we are concerned that they did not enjoy their stay as much as they might have rated us based on lack of smoking facilities. We strive for all of our guests to feel at home but sometimes a guest is not the perfect fit. Hosts who allow smoking will likely find so and so good company. 

That's a great response Laura. Thanks

The-Mansion11
Level 1
Oklahoma City, OK

I've learned a lot. Thanks.