Diwrnod hapus Dydd Gŵyl Dewi!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Diwrnod hapus Dydd Gŵyl Dewi!

Stephanie_1-1582720719831.png

Hi everyone,

This Sunday in the British country of Wales, it’s St David’s Day! An important and old celebration of the patron saint of Wales, daffodils flowering in this spring weather bring about a sea of yellow new life. Traditional Welsh food is served including cawl and, my favourite, Welsh rare-bit (cheese on toast, not a rare bunny!)

Stephanie_0-1582720689162.png

The Welsh people share their heritage and honour this day across the country, with the larger cities holding parades of celebrations. 

Do you celebrate St David’s day, or does anyone in your family of Welsh heritage do so? 

In England, we are taught about our neighbouring countries significant days so I was surprised to hear that my fellow OCM’s had not heard of it (though they are from all over the planet.)

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

20 Replies 20
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Stephanie , we used to have school houses named, St Davids, St Georges, St Andrews and good ole St Patrick's for Team sports.

I was in St Patrick's Team.

I've no idea how or who decided what St's team we would be in, as it wasn't our nationalities, nor religion.

I meet a couple of lovely Welsh ladies who are nursing at our Children's Hospital when out and about recently.

They were very much enjoying our summer sun and swimming!

Happy Saint David's Day folks

@Helen427 

"I was in St Patrick's Team"

Glad to hear it, Helen! Sure what better team could you wish to be on? ;))

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Helen427 

Here's my pathetic daffodils in this mornings rain!

88248448_10162979568190548_4447066085249777664_n.jpg

-----

Nice & cheerful @Stephanie , do you know which variety of Daffodils they are?

They have quite a few different varieties at Cornwall Park in New Zealand Spring time.

They look delightful with the newborn animals, you could do with some calves & lambs in your garden @Stephanie @Susan17 @Quincy @Teresa1377 @John2406 

John2406
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Stephanie Hope you won't mind me mentioning it, but Wales is actually a Country rather than a County (of Britain). 

Don't know whether you'll be able to insert the all-important "r", but if you can, it may well stop a lot of Welshmen/Welsh women, very proud of their Country, from having apoplexy!

Thank you

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @John2406 ,

So sorry, that was a type-o, I know Wales is an absolutely beautiful country! Forgive a hastily typed English text :D. I've fixed it now.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Teresa1377
Level 1
Prescott Valley, AZ

What deep joyful laughter the color of daffodils brings to my heart. Prescott Valley, Az, High Dessert leaves little to such color even having a beauty of its own. While managing my bookings I came across this Air BNB community chat. Glorious. I’ll text more when time avails. I pray to return to England and stay in your Air BNB. Most graciously thank you. 

Kindly,

Terry

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Teresa1377, welcome! I don't think that your friend will see this post as this is the Community Center. Perhaps try sending message via the Airbnb app? 

Good luck!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Quincy @Stephanie 

I think Terry might be referring to Steph's post for St David's Day, that had the pic of all the daffs? Which in fairness, were rather glorious..  ;))

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Diwrnod-hapus-Dydd-G%C5%B5yl-Dewi/td-p/1246952

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

HAHAHA!!! Ta for the tag @Susan17, we will merge it with the St David's day post. 

Thanks for your kind words @Teresa1377 !

Thanks

-----

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Cheers @Susan17! I was on holiday for a few days, so I might have missed a couple of things here. I've now merged it with the original topic ;-). 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Would that be our @Stephanie in the second pic, by any chance @Quincy? The one wrapped in the Welsh flag, with the shades and the daffodil bonnet on? :))😉

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oi, cheeky! These are random people of the internet @Susan17 . I wouldn't mind dressing as a flower though, let's be honest. 

Thanks

-----

Lol! Soz, Steph! I had you down more as a tulip kind of girl, tbh :))

I'll send you a pic of me dressed up as a leprechaun in a couple of weeks to make up for it! That's if Paddy's Day doesn't get cancelled of course, which is starting to look like a distinct possiblity :((