Do I accept a booking from two 18 year olds for Spring Break?

Pamela268
Level 2
Harbor Springs, MI

Do I accept a booking from two 18 year olds for Spring Break?

The two 18 year olds want to have "alone time together" before going off to different colleges.  Not interested in going on cruise with friends.  I don't seem to have a rule about the age of my renters.  Should I accept this booking?

4 Replies 4
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

You're not allowed to discriminate on the basis of age - it's one of the terms and conditions you agree to when listing on Airbnb.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Pamela268 You absolutely may not tell them they can’t rent bc of age. BUT you can tell them: no additional guests, no illegal behavior (drugs, alcohol), that it is not a hotel & there are expectations for how they take care of the space, that you will be confirming ID upon arrival, that you/neighbors/caretakers keep a close eye on the space, etc

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Just lay out the rules and be firm with it we all know kids will be kids so safty first, every thing must be on Airbnb message board you know what I mean so come on now no Tex or phone call 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Airbnb terms state that a booker must be aged 18 and above, so the age itself should not be a legal issue. But if you feel uncomfortable by renting your accomodation (an entire vacation home) to these young guests, you can decline the request. I provide rooms only, and regurarly my guests or tennants are about 18 years old. But for renting out a whole house i would prefer more adult guests or tennants, to prevent myself to be worried about issues which @Kelly149  expresses allready in her posting.  Best regards, Emiel