Do hosts supply breakfast cereals?

Answered!
Joy362
Level 1
Wales, United Kingdom

Do hosts supply breakfast cereals?

I supply all condiments , tea, coffee, sugar, milk, biscuits, sauces, soup so that if they are late there is something there for them, washing tabs and conditioner, all bathroom requirements.

Do I need to supply cereal? 

1 Best Answer
Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

@Joy362 

I really enjoy cooking and hosting and do advertise breakfast.  I promise home made organic granola, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea and condiments, so folks know they can have a relaxed morning enjoying the cottage and beautiful grounds without having to leave for breakfast unless they wish to.

I also provide maps of local groceries fish markets, and farmers markets in my house manual if they want to cook in and enjoy some of our famous fresh local catch.

Making your own granola is simple, inexpensive, you can change it up based on ingredients you have, i make it gluten free, and it only takes 30 minutes from start to aromatic and toasty cinnamon finish. I present mine in an old fashioned mason jar on the counter next to the jar of fresh ground organic Sumatra, and French press and drip coffee makers.

If they’re staying 2 or more nights, I add fresh eggs, some good bread, jelly, and if I’m in the mood and have time I might create a home made fresh baked quiche, muffins, or pastry.

Condiments, butter, cooking oil, and basic spices are givens as well, and I do inquire about dietary preferences in advance, appreciating food sensitivities myself and wanting everyone to feel loved and cared for.

Anything beyond what’s promised is a surprise I enjoy providing and my guests are equally inspired. 

I concur with the others; do it if you feel moved to, but if it’s not in your listing it’s an unexpected bonus 💖

View Best Answer in original post

46 Replies 46
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Blimey @Helen427 !

We offer breakfast and it comprises

2 or 3 kinds of cereal in mason jars

Bread for  toasting

Butter 

Jam

Marmalade

Coffee

Tea

Milk

Juice

We probably need to get a cafetiere so guests can have ground coffee, but coffee grounds down the sink...

BTW can anyone tell me if there is a number/location on my userid please?

@Mike-And-Helen0 

You have a great selection on offer.

Do you make your own marmalade?

What flavour?

I've to make some Grapefruit marmalade as I've a whole tree full that I have access to.

A kind elderly gentleman who can't eat them because of a heart condition lets me have his.

The photo is of only one column at our local supermarket, you should see the rest of the selection they have! There's around half an aisle to choose from..

Coffee grounds go in the garden, they are the best, often get them from a cafe that's a hop, skip & jump away, worms and bugs love em and so do the plants.

No, your Prison ID is still not fixed!!

@Helen427 We don't make marmalade but we do offer home made apple juice in autumn/winter until its all gone

Apple harvest this weekend.

@Mike-And-Helen0 

Fresh apple juice sounds delish.

Do you have a recipe for the Apple Juice?

I've yet to figure out how to use my juicer/ blender without sending it to heaven!!

YUm!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Grapefruit marmalade sounds absolutely scrumptious @Helen427 !

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

That's pretty much what we do.

341606  ? is that the number you needed?

What, Kev?

Did you give me your 'phone number?!

I'm telling Mrs Kev!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Mike-And-Helen0  - for the CC your ID is 341606 and for the Airbnb platform it's 133258560.

You can find both of these on your CC profile 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Helen427 thanks for the feedback.

No location either?

I would bung coffee grounds on the compost heap but the guests ...

@Mike-And-Helen0 

England, United Kingdom - you're safe for now..it's not really a Grey Bar!!

Education! Include a snippet in your listing photos about the coffee grounds!!

Thanks @Helen427 

A grey bar?

@Mike-And-Helen0 @Inna22 

A Grey Bar is a variation of Her Majesty's prison cells ;}

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

@Joy362 

I really enjoy cooking and hosting and do advertise breakfast.  I promise home made organic granola, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea and condiments, so folks know they can have a relaxed morning enjoying the cottage and beautiful grounds without having to leave for breakfast unless they wish to.

I also provide maps of local groceries fish markets, and farmers markets in my house manual if they want to cook in and enjoy some of our famous fresh local catch.

Making your own granola is simple, inexpensive, you can change it up based on ingredients you have, i make it gluten free, and it only takes 30 minutes from start to aromatic and toasty cinnamon finish. I present mine in an old fashioned mason jar on the counter next to the jar of fresh ground organic Sumatra, and French press and drip coffee makers.

If they’re staying 2 or more nights, I add fresh eggs, some good bread, jelly, and if I’m in the mood and have time I might create a home made fresh baked quiche, muffins, or pastry.

Condiments, butter, cooking oil, and basic spices are givens as well, and I do inquire about dietary preferences in advance, appreciating food sensitivities myself and wanting everyone to feel loved and cared for.

Anything beyond what’s promised is a surprise I enjoy providing and my guests are equally inspired. 

I concur with the others; do it if you feel moved to, but if it’s not in your listing it’s an unexpected bonus 💖

Sarah_Matthew0
Level 5
Whitstable, United Kingdom

We don’t provide breakfast, our listing is for the whole house so guests always bring their own provisions, but we do provide tea, coffee, milk, sugar and condiments, when we first started we left bread and butter as well but it was hardly ever eaten, Which is generally the same with milk but we now have reusable glass milk bottles which helps, I just hate waste!