Do you get a notification when a guest left their review?

Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

Do you get a notification when a guest left their review?

On my first reservation (as a host) I got an email from AirBnB "Write a review for XYZ's group"

Then about 10 min later I got "XYZ wrote a review for you." (but of course I couldn't see it until I wrote mine)

So, my first reservation wrote a review.

BUT now (after my second guest) I got a "Write a review for ABC's group" (for someone that left yesterday)

Will I get a "ABC wrote a review for you" as well, or is it only the first one you get the notification on? ABC swore he'd write a review (his own offer) immediately. Not that I really care - but I just wanted to know.

12 Replies 12
Isabel203
Level 10
Halifax, Canada

@Jann3, I always get a notification when a guest leaves me a review.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Jann3 you will get lots of prompts --- the day they leave (sometimes before they actually leave), a few days later, a day or so before the 14 day period expires. And then also when the guest has written their review, if they do.

I never write a review until I have COMPLETELY cleaned the space. And then often not until I receive the prompt that the guest has written theirs. And I wait until day 13.5 to write the review for any guest that was difficult.

Airbnb is always changing their page and not a good changes,,,, now I can´t find on the page if my guests have left review as I do not leave review until they have done... does anybody know if their is a hidden spot to find that out??

Nancy67
Level 10
Charleston, SC

If you don't get an email-- probably not. And FYI-- leave a review even if your guest doesn't. Yours will show up after 14 days  even if they don't leave one, and leaving reviews for all your guests counts in your long term stats and toward Super Host Status.  It's just a good practice.  Typically leaving a quick review as soon as your promoted will insure your guest gets an email saying you left them a review-- they can't see it until they leave one and curiosity usually gets the best of them and they will do it. You are the host. Take the initiative and just do it. You can also check on your listing page-- go to see all reviews. Once the page refreshes you will see the number tick up and the review should be there. 

David2189
Level 2
Seattle, WA

If I’m not mistaken you had a bad experience with a guest and it’s a Mexican standoff if one or the other is going to write a review? This happens to many hosts which is hilarious. You will get an email when they post and at that time you can decide what to write. Hosts want perfect 5 stars and guests want perfect scores. If the guest left the place a mess or was messaging you that their not satisfied with the place it’s funny how people decide what their gonna do. If this is the case wait until the guest writes their review first then decide to blast him with a negative review. If your waiting for a review then something went wrong. Regardless nobody wins in this scenario and it’s better sometimes for both parties not to review and move on.

This post has me ROFL! As a host, I came to this page because I am in the exact situation you are describing. 

Nina204
Level 6
Pittsburgh, PA

I don't get any type of notification when people write a review.  I just check it each day.

@Nina204  Really? Do you have your notification preferences set up in your profile? 

Dino205
Level 2
Cancún, Mexico

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. "Mexican standoff" is a pretty accurate description. I feel left alone by AirBnB as the outcome with my last guests was obvious and despite engaging the support early on they refused to deactivate the review possibility for both parties.

@Dino205 

I went to look at your house and you have  a perfect 5 stars, amazing!!

and all the reviews are saying only wonderful comments about your house and yourself.

can you still se the bad comment you just talked about ?

because we don’t. 

Annie

Hi Annie and sunny & warm greetings from Mexico to Canada

Thank you very much for your compliments, it truly makes me happy to read that about our home and us.

The bad review might come in about 30min, that's when the review period ends and what I refered to. I was also wondering if AirBnB still sends notifications when a guest left a review or just keeps that as a secret until period is over.

@Dino205  Yes, they send notifications.