Do you get many Host booking with you?

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Do you get many Host booking with you?

Im wondering if you guys get other Host booking with you?

If so you would think they should know the rules or should I say they know how to bend them.

I've got one coming tomorrow and wants to check in at 5 am but didnt pay for the day

Our check in time is 2 pm

Now she's saying she will pay on arrival

The room is not available now.

The other one I had recently a woman from Canada certainly knew how to bend the rules

It is a long story I wasnt playing her game she wanted the first night Free

Then went on to tell me my apartment was not in her budget

Why bother contacting me then?

Then I got a nasty message from her later, "You would rather get Zero then"

My reply is, Better than Free, goodbye

6 Replies 6
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Have not had a problem with hosts myself, except for once because he didn't read the listing! Would think they know the rules, but there are complicated and greedy people in this world, hosts or no hosts...

Don't take nasty, bow out. Onward and up!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Sudsrung0 

you cannot get paid directly, it is against the rules. Tell her that she needs to pay now through airbnb so you have time to set up for her. Make sure to message this through airbnb. Tell her that if you do not hear back in the next couple of hours you assume she decided against it. You can add that "as a host yourself I am sure you understand that I do not want to break airbnb rules and also understand that I need ample notice to set up everything for you. Looking forward to hosting". And what do you mean the room is not available? Meaning you have not prepared it or it has been booked by someone? If latter, you should call her asap so she does not show up at your door. If former, just get it ready. You will have to do it one way or the other.

And in general- I did find that hosting hosts is a lot more work. Not because of rule bending but impossibly high expectations

Thanks for your reply, the room was available when she book but it's not now and I have told her it's booked and the check in time will have to be 2pm.

We have no problem getting rooms ready we are well organised hahaha

And here is Peak season we are very busy

I had hosts as guests several times. Now I know that these kind of guests sometimes could be very fussy! You either have no problems with them, and all 5-stars reviews - or 5 stars for much more work and many things for free. In the worst case you got a 4-stars review just out of jelousy that you were having more guests, although you provided them with many free things and worked for them as though the queen was your guest...

Yes, I had exactly your experience - the host asked for one day free - well, I just let her stay free for one day, and at least she gave me 5-stars review. She was a good guest and stayed for 2 weeks. But the one giving me a 4-stars rating was only for 2 days, she used many things for free - i.e. the garage cage which was a paid alternative at the time, I paid her tickets for the transport, then offered free walk tour of the city...

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Im usually very flexible but dont take advatage of me, so now she knows