Do you have a favourite review?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you have a favourite review?

Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 15.01.41.png

Hi everyone,

A few days ago, we had our second Host-Talk turning the attention on reviews, and had some great feedback on things to improve. 

As you are well aware, reviews are the backbone of Airbnb, and good reviews can make all the difference. They can turn you into a Superhost or the dream guest everyone would like to have in their home.

But also make us feel good, and I think it is essential to have a space to reflect on those moments we had fantastic feedback. 

Times we felt appreciated for all the effort and had reviews that made us smile and filled us with pride. 

What is your favourite review from the years you've been using Airbnb?

I want to request that we leave personal details out, especially if posting screenshots. Although overall improvements can be made, for now, let's celebrate all the fantastic feedback you've been getting.

I can't wait to read about the time(s) you absolutely smashed it! 

Thanks!

Nick 

30 Replies 30
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Nick this is my favorite. I think it accurately describes our hosting style, the things we offer during stays, and shows that this guest was truly a great fit/mindful/appreciative. Wish everyone was like this!

"I'd tell you to book now, but that would complicate us finding a few open days to return and enjoy this fabulous place. Laura was an exceptional gracious host; they were prompt in their communications, mindful of the details - she checked on the number of guests, when I mistakenly said just one. She went out of their way to leave a few treats and have fresh flowers around the house. I also wish I could borrow their cleaning service. I didn't see a spider web or a dust mote. They've done a fabulous job of decorating having the right amount of furniture, amenities and artistic touches that made it so creatively relaxing. But what I found truly amazing was their amount of trust in their guests. I'd really have second thoughts before I gave folks instructions for a fire in an indoor fire place or provided candles in every room. But the fact that they did, made it a very special visit. Everything was just a described. The cottage was comfortable both inside and the 3 outdoor spaces. We cooked two meals a day in and found the kitchen easy to work with all the essentials. The rooms were exceptionally spacious and we never felt cramped. We didn't use the upstairs beyond the 2nd bath because of our senior Great Dane, but had more than enough space using just the downstairs. So we'd love to come back and would greatly appreciate not a lot folks taking advantage of this wonderful place so there would be the odd open weekend every once in a while."

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

"I'd tell you to book now, but that would complicate us finding a few open days to return and enjoy this fabulous place" - Love it @Laura2592; even if the review ended there, it would have told me everything there is I needed to know.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Nick 

We have had some really lovely reviews, and the problem with Airbnb is, you get to expect them after a while. You are made to feel inadequate and don't measure up if you don't get good reviews!

This one was from our early days hosting, I think I only had about 30 reviews in total at this point, but I still go back and have a look at it every now and then.....it makes me feel good about the path I have chosen.

Lyndon Review c.png

And this one still gives me inspiration.....

Emeric review 2.png

Always feel good when we get a nice review, but some do stand out Nick.

Cheers........Rob

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Very inspiring to get reviews like these @Robin4, especially in the early days of your hosting journey. A great "booster" to make you want to keep doing what you are doing.

Kerry78
Level 2
Reydon, United Kingdom

We have just had the most perfect stay in a beautiful cottage, so many little touches made it feel so homely. Kerry has thought of everything. Her communication and information was spot on. It is in the perfect spot right by the common and near to shops and beach. We will be back as soon as we can book up again but think it will be fully booked for a while. This is the best Airbnb we have ever stayed in and we both felt sad to leave. The bed and bedding is so comfy and an amazing selection of DVDs to watch. Immaculately clean and 100% Covid safe. Thankyou Kerry and Steve. Terry, Tina, fudge and misty

Well-we've had loads-but I do like this one- especially as the pooches are involved! We have lovely guests from Airbnb!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is a great review @Kerry78 and it's no surprise it is your favourite. Now I do want to find out more about the dogs though 🐶😀

Kerry78
Level 2
Reydon, United Kingdom

Well-they're not Tina or Terry! Ha!

Yuan100
Level 10
Singapore

@Nick I received a note written for me. And his quote sums up why I love hosting and why we love using Airbnb. 

‘What ultimately breathes life into the daydreams of anticipation are the people we encounter when we’re actually there, including those we merely pass on the street. Buildings or attractions are just something we expect in our travel, however, the people that we’re going to cross paths with are not. That’s the beauty of it and the experience is unique to you only’ 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Yuan100 

That sort of echos what I said to Emeric in that review above back in 2017.....people make the experience unique! The earth is just plots of land without people!

Cheers.......Rob

@Robin4  agree! It's the connection and energy of a person that we exchange with one another that cannot be replicated. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Couldn't agree more @Yuan100 @Robin4 

Debra48
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I won't retype the entire review here, but the last one I received (this June) started with, "This house is the stuff that Airbnb dreams are made of." ...and goes on from there. Maybe the best line ever!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

With that type of intro, you don't need much more 😉 @Debra48 

Angela143
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

I thought this review captured the essence of my little studio.

326D903D-9F2E-4E1B-85E6-F492EDD56A90.jpeg