Do you have a favourite review?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you have a favourite review?

Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 15.01.41.png

Hi everyone,

A few days ago, we had our second Host-Talk turning the attention on reviews, and had some great feedback on things to improve. 

As you are well aware, reviews are the backbone of Airbnb, and good reviews can make all the difference. They can turn you into a Superhost or the dream guest everyone would like to have in their home.

But also make us feel good, and I think it is essential to have a space to reflect on those moments we had fantastic feedback. 

Times we felt appreciated for all the effort and had reviews that made us smile and filled us with pride. 

What is your favourite review from the years you've been using Airbnb?

I want to request that we leave personal details out, especially if posting screenshots. Although overall improvements can be made, for now, let's celebrate all the fantastic feedback you've been getting.

I can't wait to read about the time(s) you absolutely smashed it! 

Thanks!

Nick 

30 Replies 30
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I never get the nice long reviews. The only time I get a novel is when there is a problem

Max144
Level 10
Bongaree, Australia

One has to work very hard to eliminate any problems so the guests have a great experience, i always try to under promise and over deliver so the guests will overlook minor problems.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Certainly the case of short stories being better than a novel then @Inna22 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

After more than a year of suspended hosting due to covid restrictions, I felt a bit rusty and even a bit apprehensive about hosting in my home again.  Here is a review that almost brought tears to my eyes and refilled my hosting heart.

"I have been using AirBNB for about 5 years now and I can honestly say that I have never had a better and more warm experience than I did this past weekend at Linda's casita. I was blown away by the level of detail that went into making our stay as comfortable as possible. I will forever strive to be the type of host that Linda was to us this weekend and I will never forget the kindness that one host can show two traveling companions along their journey. If I could give this review more than 5 stars I would. Everything about our stay was perfect. We will never forget our stay here and are beyond grateful our journey led us to a weekend at Linda's."

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Linda108 

Congrats Linda, that is a lovely review, you have every right to feel so proud of that. 

I understand you have had hosting restrictions over the past year but I think hosting is a part of who you are.....you never become 'rusty' being a nice, compassionate, helpful person....it's not something you have to think about, it's just a part of your make-up, you are an exemplary host and person!

Cheers........Rob

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wonderful @Linda108 

Steve-and-Jan4
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Nick  This is our FAVOURITE review so far ... we love our Guest's enthusiasm about our Home on the Lake and Us as Hosts!!: 💖FAV Review by Danny_Cotswolds_5 July 2021.jpg

Sariya0
Level 5
Mumbai, India

Our first review. That's what got us going on airbnb 🙂 Excellent ride ever since. Takes away little from ALL the fine guests who stayed with us. Pleasant reminders to keep at it and do better 😀Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 14.53.04.png   

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

👏👏👏 @Sariya0 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

After 6 years, I do not encourage every guest to leave a review, a couple per month will do. Reviews that cover their experience (aka sentiment) does the most for us,  not those covering particular features or events. 
    To me the less reviews, the better for we always do special things for every guest but we do not want to give the impression is a  new policy. 
    I guess we are into quiet surprises with each guest. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Love the idea of doing something special for each guest in every occasion. What would some examples be? @Fred13 (not trying to steal your ideas, just curious 😃

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Hey @Nick  I.e...

1.  Birthday cakes

2. Wine /champagne for anniversaries

3.  Welcome signs for special events in their lives: we use a crit-cutter to make custom adornments for birthdays, anniversaries, welcome back, etc (i.e. a cancer patient who made it back to the island now 4th time).

4.  Fishing trips now includes going to this cool island and having the wife's excellent cooking (we pay for it). 

5. Before even going to island, inviting them downtown office for coordination, information etc.

6. Parting gifts from wife's new hobby; arts & crafts: beautiful shells showing island and date they came.

And then there is the constant small surprises: new open deck for star viewing, next small build pool in such deck, zip line to new small separate island, from that island walkway and small deck to dive into 'blue hole', then rock work all along underneath deck (shade) to create an environment for lobsters/crabs for guest to get their own any time. This be done over next year (totally booked up) but they love surprises, something they never seen in the pictures.

We do not too much time left, we know that, but like to finish strong with a bit of a bang. This will be the last usual thing I will do in life after all.

P.S. Moho Caye: https://www.google.com/search?q=Mogo+island+belize&tbm=isch&chips=q:mogo+island+belize,online_chips:...

Rajesh65
Level 2
Raithal, India

@Nick This is my favorite because it is from another airbnb host. We had just started hosting then and one of the nearby host booked just to check the place. And now we are good friends. 

"Rajesh’s place in Raithal village was a great find. Before I explain why this is, I feel there might be some value explaining the perspectives I bring to my review. I’m not the vacationing type of person, and additionally I live about 50kms away from Rajesh, and as sad as it may sound, there is a sense of familiarity with the stunning scenery of Uttarakhand. Taking all this in to consideration, I wasn’t going to be looking for what an urban dweller would, or a traveler from outside Uttarakhand.

There is a simplicity to Rajesh’s place, which is hard to define. By this I don’t mean a naive simplicity, but the type that allowed me the freedom to simply be me. The hut is very well thought out, and in spite of the nights being chilly, the materials used for the construction of the hut means that once your inside, you can remain cosy without the cold seeping through your bones. The views from the hut are spectacular, even for someone like me who’s been living in Uttarakhand for six years now. The section of the Himalayan range that is visible, shows off different hues according to the time of day, dawn, sunrise, daytime, afternoon, sunset and dusk are all different, this alone is a photographers paradise.

Rajesh is a grounded individual and this comes across in his hosting. I was touched with the regular coffees he made for me, and he’s cooking is something else. Don’t be fooled if down plays his cooking skills, he uses simple everyday ingredients, most or all of them from the his own produce or from the village, and the end results are spectacular. Some sweets he made took me straight back to my childhood in Sri Lanka. He also made me a cake for my birthday - without the help of an oven, the texture and taste were astounding.

I was traveling with my two dogs, Panther and Ubuntu, and Rajesh’s kindness and love for animals made it a very happy and easy time for them. Additionally, his own puppy Simba and a neighbors Juno, meant that my two had company.

The property is huge, and while it does have a beautiful 2-3 foot stone wall running around it, there isn’t really a sense of ‘this is the end of the property.’ It seamlessly merges with the surrounding, as Rajesh himself has mentioned - it’s boundary less. Fields, forest, and endless trails and paths are connected to it.

For anyone reading this, whether you are from an urban center and looking for a break, or if you are someone who’s already used to stunning scenery and a harmonious sort of living, Rajesh’s place is a must. A combination of stunning surroundings and one with nature alongside thoughtful and caring hosting is not entirely common, this is definitely one of those places.

Thanks Rajesh, Panther and Ubu send happy barks and smiles as well."

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Stellar review @Rajesh65 ! 👏👏👏

Laura744
Level 2
Portland, OR

Hi @Nick  my most recent favorite is due to safety during an very up-and-down time (for all). 

"Laura’s place is great and the ideal location for anyone who’s stopping in - whether you’re in Portland for work or fun. Suite was gorgeous, clean and comfortable. I stayed here during COVID and felt really safe because of her attention to detail regarding protocol and preferences. She’s a great communicator, helpful and thoughtful. This is also an incredible spot in Portland because there’s so much to do within walking distance! Cant recommend this place enough."