Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you have a guestbook?

Do you have a guestbook_.png

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well!

A while ago I shared a post about guests leaving items behind. I've seen a lot of replies from hosts who've found the weirdest things but also lovely notes left behind by their guests. This made me wonder if you have a guestbook where your guests leave messages? Perhaps you've already had so many guests that you're already on your second guestbook :-)! If you have one, what has been your favourite message?

Pictures of your guestbook are more than welcome!

Here's the link to the 'Items Left Behind' thread that I mentioned above. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

26 Replies 26
Colleen28
Level 4
Johnstown, CO

I have a guest book and have really enjoyed reading the comments. Also gives newbies a brief overlook of what to expect.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Colleen28,

That's great to hear 🙂 

What is your most favourite message left behind by guests? 

-----

Yes Guest Books are essential. They help you gain valuable feedback from your guests like hints and tips of places to visit. We have guest books but also take feedback via online booking sites. 

It doesn't only help the property owner it's also a useful source for new guests to visit the property. It's nice reading the book, as they now stretch back over 10 years of rentals.  Guests can read about the many adventures and experiences that previous guests have had.

A hardback guest book can also be a nice feature on a coffee or side table. 

book_angle_white.png

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Quincy

no we don't because Aibnb reviews are our guest book. 

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Quincy I have a notebook but for guests to use if they need. Yes, some write a thanks note to be ... and this is one of all. 

Note1.jpg

It makes us a little cheerful when we know we are their memory. I also love when my guest sends me a photo they take in our house. I normally update my listing with my guest photo ( Ask them a permission).

GuestPhoto2.jpg  

20160915-paolo-0033.jpg

Hi @Quincy We got a guestbook because our bulletin board was looking like @MiniHouse-In-Trieste0's! Love to read the notes and now with a guestbook, they're all in one place & in chronological order. 🙂 - Karen

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@MiniHouse-In-Trieste0,

Wow! That's a beautiful wall of messages 🙂 

Sooner or later the whole house will be decorated! I like the variety of languages used on all the post-its.

Which message do you like the most? 

-----

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Nutth0,

Long time no see—I hope you're doing well!

I'm so happy to hear that your guests enjoy your place. The message and photos are lovely! Have you nearly finished your guestbook? 🙂 

-----

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Thanks @Quincy I'm doing very well, My questbook is nearly finish.

Von3
Level 4
Boston, MA

We leave a guestbook in the room and hope to read something at the end of each visit. It's really gratifying to read the messages. All the lovely notes in different handwriting must provide some sort of comfort to our guests as well-- a reminder that they are sharing an experience and sense of community despite being from all over the world.

No We are please with the reviews we get from our guests

A30
Level 5
California, United States

These are very cute guestbooks and give the home a personal touch. I'd like to have one for our listings. 

@A30. I have a guest book that I bought before Airbnb sent me one for being a Super Host.  Send me a private message with your address and I'll mail you my extra Airbnb guest book!