- restaurants, grocery stores , pharmacy, delivery

-amusement parks , sight seeing 

-rules 

-spot to leave feedback / notes 

10 Replies 10
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Mikaila1, yes I do - I use a document display folder, with house information and wifi password in the first page, then the other sleeves labelled by category e.g. maps, local facilities (banks, laundromats, grocery stores, etc.), places of interest, places to eat/drink, tours, wellbeing, historical sites, walking and cycling trails, wineries, etc. etc.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Mikaila1 same here

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Mikaila1

Ditto!

I also use a clear display folder so the information can be edited or removed as needed.

- a welcome

- house rules & expectations

- Some city and house history

- the usual stuff... tourist info, website details, transport, sites, historical, shopping

- important brochures, maps

- safety info: climate, crocwise safety, mosquito etc calendars.

- operation info for bbq, coffee maker etc

- cyclone management

- wifi password, etc etc

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mikaila1

Zagreb is transit destination and our average stay is just few days so we provide as much informations about our city as we can because we know our guests don't have time to explore it by themselves and we want them to have fun and a good time during their brief stay.

It includes:

1. city maps (provided by our tourist board)
  2. Zagreb and surrounding guides (provided by our tourist board)
  3. booklet with all events, exhibits, theater and cinema shows etc.. for the current month  (provided by our tourist info center)
  4. books about Zagreb, Croatia etc..
  5. leaflets for different sevices, restaurants, catering etc... (picked up in tourist info center)
  6. document maps with : House manual , House rules, trips/transport/parking informations
  7. document map with hand picked street events, fairs and festivals
  8. list of recommended restaurants, coffee shops, clubs...
  9. map with marked locations of nearest grocery stores, pharmacies, tourist info center, open market, main square...

@Mikaila1

I have a clear file that includes..... wifi access data, house rules and other things I consider common sense but cover "just in case", how to use the safe in the room, instructions for all appliances that guest's have access to, information about ABB review guidelines. 

I have a separate shelf where I place maps, travel brochures, learn Korean books and other books about Korean culture and history (that previous guests left). 

I provide a lot of information by sending links and images to the guest's phone once they check in. I also provide information about apps they can use while in Korea (for subway or bus). 

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Mikaila1: Yes we have a very large "House / Area Manual". It has everything you would need to know about the guesthouse and property from the history of the home to how long it takes for the oven to heat up to 450°. Personal reviews of over 50 local restaurants, kayak rental and tours, bicycle and scooter rentals, laundry / dry cleaning services, supermarkets, liquor stores, golf courses, dog parks, beaches, where to park (from beaches to downtown), local attractions and seasonal events.

I am constantly adding to it. (and subtracting --- if a restaurants closes).

Eva170
Level 5
Hollywood, FL

I have my house manual printed out on one sheet, front and back, in a clear protector. I addition, I have a folder full of local restaurant menus (especially those that deliver), train and bus schedules, flyers and brochures for local attractions and things to do, maps, and coupons. I go through it now and then to update and replenish it, adding new things and removing any expired coupons. I also have a dry-erase calendar on the fridge where I mark local events.

My guestbook did not contain all the information about the house: this information was contained in another book, the house handbook that also contained my house rules.

In the guestbook I invited the guests to leave comments, drawings, greetings and suggestions for me and the next guests: a way to create an authentic relationship with them.

Paul1380
Level 3
Noosaville, Australia

I can see the practicality of the display book and am tempted to swicth to that but felt it seemed like school camp or hostel rather than up market airbnb accommodation - we are only $75/room/night but in an upmarket beachside tourist location so try to give that experience to our guests even though we are basically the same price as the backpackers hostel.

We give the guest an A5 size folded welcome brochure that we print ourselves with the house info , intorducing ourselves and the more important local info (emergency contacts, shops, transport etc) then we have a little flip top box (from IKEA) that sits on the dresser in each room with a large selection of brochures in it for local attractions, tours, boat, kayak, surf hire and restaurants. The guest can then filter through the brochures and take the ones they want and we just replace them. In these days of internet and phones we find that they mostly just use the borchures for reference and do not take them but then follow up more information and bookings through their phone.

I am contstantly on the lookout for a more ideal presentation option, hence searching for threads on this topic but it seems we are all basically doing the same thing.

@Paul1380

Yes, I also thought about it. The upscale version would be something like the photo book, with hardcover I suppose... but then we couldn't add new or remove old information so it would be highly unpractical.

Maybe you could buy a display book in leather .... and some nice wood or leather flip top box for leaflets/brochures?