Do you have help managing your listing?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you have help managing your listing?

Partner in crime 2.0.png

Hello everybody!

Hosting can often be quite tiring and sometimes it's nice to share this with someone. I was wondering if any you get help from your partner, friends, co-hosts, or perhaps use a managing/cleaning company to give you a hand with your property?

Usually, my partner helps me out with cleaning and welcoming the guests, providing information about the property, so I call her my partner in crime!

Who is your partner in crime? 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

21 Replies 21
Linda-And-Marc0
Level 4
San Jose, CA

Thanks for the good topic.

Our cleaners are a huge help.

We started with one room and now share three rooms in our home with Airbnbers. We could not have grown this much (and met so many amazing guests) without the help of the handful of cleaners we have employed over time.  In San Jose, California it is a chore to find and keep good people who are as meticulous as my clean-freak wife, and I'm grateful she handles it. 
Yours, Marc

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Linda-And-Marc0,

That's great to hear 🙂 

I used to do all the cleaning with my partner in crime, and I know it would usually take quite some time depending on how the guests left everything behind. 

We did consider a cleaner, but both our jobs are very relaxed so it was not really necessary.

It's funny that you talk about having met amazing people since I thought that this post might interest you. 

Cheers!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Julie566
Level 1
Burlington, VT

I am a superhost, managing 3 unique properties on Airbnb. I know all the responsibilities required to make it all happen. And much appreciate everyone's comments which allow me to know that I'm on the right track.  I have a friend who has a listing nearby to my house and he wants a co-host.  I'm wondering how much of a percentage people are asking for to do this task. And does your percentage include both housekeeping and communication?  Is there a percentage that people find fair that just comprise the communication aspect and managing the cleaners (not actually doing it). Thanks for anyone's response. Julie

Steve2743
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

I mostly handle everything myself. But because my parents (the landlords) are afraid of anything from the internet, I'm not allowed to have Airbnb guests when I'm out of town, so I have a trusted friend who house sits, and cleans the basement suite for me if I'm away for a weekend, or whatever. Aside from that, I also help my girlfriend with her Airbnb suite, when she's out of town. 

Steve

Hi Everybody

Can anyone tell me if there is anybody providing a professional co-hosting service in KILLARNEY, IRELAND?

Thanks

Marguerite

Carolyn122
Level 3
Albuquerque, NM

I currently co-host for my significant other. I work mornings while he works all day so he takes care off all of the communication while I clean and reset the apartment and hand off keys as needed. We have two listings. I get 20% of the bookings paid out to me. This is not including cleaning.

I did see a listing here locally on craigslist for a local airbnb host looking for a co-host. If I did not already have the morning job I almost would have considered it. I also saw someone else asking the same question on nextdoor. 

I always have to wonder if they are not aware of host forums that exist.  I am addicted to this forum. 

Jeanne52
Level 2
Longmont, CO

I don't have help managing my listing, but I often wish I did. 

My question to this community board is:

How do you make money if you pay someone to manage your listing? I just raised my prices to $50 US dollars for our downstairs suite (bedroom, small kitchen with 2 burner hot plate, toaster oven, coffee maker, microwave, fridge, big screen TV, full bath, couch, easy chair, bar stools). If I paid somebody to do the cleanup and changeover for every guest, I would have very little money left over.