Answered!
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you host during the Holiday season?

Luggage

Hello everyone,

I can't quite believe I am saying this, but the Holiday season is fast approaching us! Millions of people use this period to visit family, friends, but for many they love to travel. As a host it can be a very busy time, but it is also an amazing opportunity to celebrate with people from all around the world.

Do you open up your home to host during the Holiday season? If so, we would love to hear how you make this time extra special. Perhaps you do something festive to welcome your guests or have memorable stories of celebrating with them.

We’d love to hear how you are preparing or whether you have stories or experiences from the past. Our Marketing team may ask to feature them in an upcoming campaign! 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

1 Best Answer

Absolutely! I love having guests in our home during the holidays while we are visiting our own family in another city. We leave our Christmas tree up and stockings hung so that the family that is renting our house can still experience the festivities. Last year a sweet family with young children stayed in our home. I loved hearing from the mother how much her family felt at home and enjoyed simple, classic Christmas decor. I think if you are going to host during the holidays, its a very nice touch to include some festive elements without cluttering up the space. 

View Best Answer in original post

63 Replies 63
Galit2
Level 1
Jerusalem, Israel

Hi 

my name is Galit iam a host from israel 

i would like to know howe to advertise on the intergram 

i awys see pictures with the airbnb advertise 

thak you 

Joni16
Level 1
Suches, GA

My kids and I love opening up our home for the holidays.  We meet new people and invite them to join us at the Thanksgiving Table or even travel with us to other people's homes if we aren't going to be celebrating at our house.  Some of our best friends have come through these times.  As a single mother of two children we cherish the opportunity to share with others and meet new friends.  My older children who visit for the holidays have also come to enjoy that they never know who they will meet when they come home for the holidays.  

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Just changed my plans yesterday and at Xmas I will be hosted somewhere in the UK, then New Year's Eve - I am already double-booked. But due to the diversity of my guests I avoid decorations. Maybe seasonal only.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Liu3
Level 2
New Taipei City, Taiwan

Have a nice day for you