Do you keep a guest book?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you keep a guest book?

435839208_0438.jpg

Hi everyone, 

I’ve seen a few of you mention a guest book in your listings, and I always think it’s a lovely way to keep a record of all your great guests. I think it’s also nice to have a read and see if fellow guests have recommendations of things they have stumbled across (and when), and I remember doing this in the past on family holidays. 

However, I haven’t seen a guest book in recent years at any of the Airbnb’s I’ve stayed at, so I wonder if it’s not a very popular thing to do nowadays? I guess it could be just another thing to manage within your listing, but it could also be a great way to pick up minor points of feedback which might not make it into a review. 

Do you keep a guestbook, and what format does this take? Do you use it for getting feedback or just as a resource for other guests?

Thanks,

Katie

69 Replies 69
Maxine33
Level 7
Alexandria, VA

We have a guest book and people really seem to enjoy not only sharing their experiences at the house but also sharing tips and favorite places to go and things to do!

Terry629
Level 2
Fredericktown, MO

The guest book is a fantastic way to see how the people enjoyed their stay. The one we use is a simple note book and we leave a couple pens with it so they can take one if our pens home as a souvenir. The comments have been encouraging and only one guest has not left a message. 

TERRY L VANCE
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

I find it fascinating the number of people who would discourage keeping a guest book. I LOVE going through my guest book and I just came upon it recently while reorganizing and it makes me really, really miss hosting! 

Some guests detail their activities during the visit, some leave advice for future guests, and some use it to leave very kind words about my home and hospitality. It's definitely a treasure and from both a host and guest perspective I think it's a wonderful addition to any Airbnb!

Jeff661
Level 2
Vancouver, WA

We keep a guest book in our units. Like others have said, it helps us know what guests are thinking. Also they have comments about the local area that we might overlook in our guidebook. 
I believe that it also adds a more “homelike” feel to the property. 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing @Jeff661 - super interesting! How does the guestbook help add to the homely feel? 

Nash-Cottages-LLC0
Level 10
Nashville, TN

Yep, we have a guestbook and have enjoyed reading the reviews people have left and know that guests have as well!

Lauren2701
Level 2
Fayetteville, NC

@Katie, my guestbook takes the form of a canvas located in the front sitting room of the home. I have asked that guests sign or paint on the canvas. My home is advertised as a "bohemian cottage", and there is a lot of artwork everywhere (to include some of my own). The canvas has seemed fitting for the people who wish to book my place.  I love seeing the things people have painted on the canvas and will continue using this as a guest book. All in all, I feel that a guest book is still an excellent addition for guests and hosts alike. 24727.jpg

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, what an excellent and artistic idea, @Lauren2701 I might have to borrow it for my place if I may?

It would be lovely to see more of your guests' and your creations for that matter if you'd like to share these with us? Either here or even in a new post? We recently had a topic by @Laura2592  about photos from your listing, so I wondered if any of your guests might have attempted to paint it instead of photographing it?

Michelle3602
Level 2
Parker, CO

Hello Katie,

I'm new to the community. I have a Sign-in Guest Memory book. It's not required but they can share their current passions, sketches, suggestions, comments, memories of the state.., etc.

I did not spend money on the book instead I created one from scratch book. Also, you can be creative and leave a fun coloring page with it. For instance, a horse lover stayed with her husband so I left a horse-themed coloring page and they loved it!

I will frame some and hang them on the wall.

Hope it helps,

Michelle 🙂

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello, @Michelle3602 , and welcome to the community! 😊

I absolutely love these ideas you've shared with our members 😍. Thank you so much. Would you be interested in sharing some pictures of the book you have created? I'm personally a very visual person, and I believe our members would greatly appreciate seeing your work.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad