Do you know of any Airbnb-friendly HOA's in Atlanta?

Lindsey104
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

Do you know of any Airbnb-friendly HOA's in Atlanta?

I'm looking for any Airbnb-friendly HOAs in Atlanta, Buckhead, Brookhaven or Midtown preferred. 

4 Replies 4
Feyisayo0
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

what do you need?

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lindsey104  I would stay away from any HOA's period. Their have been so many hosts that after they purchased the HOA's changed the rules. Unless you in Texas where the Supreme Court ruled HOA's can't tell you that Short Terrm Rentals are not allowed, you are at their mercy. Best to look in neighborhoods without them and there are many you just have to do more research to find them. 

That's good advice, you're right. Ya'll have a lot of freedom in TX, you're lucky. I keep hoping for some sort of similar ruling here in Georgia, but in order to do that, someone needs to be ballsy enough to fight their HOA in court on this issue. Sometimes, I think, "maybe that someone needs to be me," but honestly, it sounds like such a hassle, I'd rather just move... 

I'm all for sticking it to the man, but you gotta know when you're outgunned.

I would have thought that the communal insurance for a condo would not cover STR amongst other problems. Not sure how Texas as a whole would solve that problem, unless everyone in the condo suddenly pays more dues ? 

In addition, if the % of rental in a condo goes over a certain threshold mortgage companies will no longer lend and the value of your condo drops. Again the HOA is supposed to limit rentals to prevent this.