Do you offer TV streaming services to your guests?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you offer TV streaming services to your guests?

502637_GettyImages-639566174_ForYou.jpg

Hey there,

After a long day exploring the local area, sometimes it’s nice to come back, put your feet up and watch a good film on the TV. Some hosts provide a great selection of films and shows; nowadays there are quite a few different streaming services to offer your guests.

Do you offer any TV streaming services to your guests and, if so, how do you manage this?

There are Stranger Things than streaming services and it's not just for Mad Men... Better the Daredevil you know, eh?

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

32 Replies 32
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Gradually I have been replacing old TV sets (with cable TV) by Smart TV, so the guests can have Netflix and Youtube available... 
It is interesting that, many young guests says that they do not like watching TV.
The older generation thinks that cable TV is still a must.
There are few old nerds like me that prefer spending time in front of a computer (and smart tv) instead of watching cable tv.

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

Yes I offer Netflix...

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

For the last month, only two guests used the TV at all...

b

Marta794
Level 6
Portland, OR

We have a smart TV, but do not offer streaming services. Too much of a hassle plus there are plenty of free channels already available. If someone has an Amazon or Hulu account they can press the appropriate button on the remote and login with their account. Honestly, we doubt there is much TV watching going on with all there is to do here.

its only $10 and its not really a hassle at all.

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

We only offer basic cable for our Airbnb listing.   We do have WiFi so guests can use their own devices for viewing.  Most guests say the are not here to watch TV but to see the city or visit family.

Juan-Diego2
Level 1
Guadalajara, Mexico

The TVs on the rooms and general areas have Roku system, and I offer Netflix subscription on those... People like it better than Cable TV nowadays

Si-Yuan0
Level 2
Peterhead, United Kingdom

I am a host from UK, and these days most smark TV sold in UK have built-in streaming apps. BBC iplayer, Channel 4 and other streaming service provided by public channels are free. I also have sky, netflix, and Hulu, paid but shared with friends and families. Most guests prefer using chrome cast installed on one of my TV's HD feed and project programs from their own device, so they don't need to load their account on my TV. 

Elaine357
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

@ si-yuan0 Sounds ideal, i was thinking about Chrome cast, but don't know too much about it. So no ongoing costs or admin for you then?

Sabrina599
Level 1
New Jersey, United States

We have basic cable and two smart/roku tvs in the house.  We keep netflix and hbo go logged in with a guest account and the amazon prime is also logged in but with a code to rent shows or movies that aren't free. If a guest wants to rent we provide them with the code and let them know that they will be charged through the resolution center for any items that they rent. Honestly only had one guest who asked to do this so far, and they promptly paid the right amount, but even if they don't amazon provides details on what has been purchased and from what device so you have proof for Airbnb if you need to go through the resolution center separately. 

Tulin1
Level 2
Nicosia, Cyprus

Hello All,

I have been hosting for just 1 year know and for the first time I had a complain about the TV channels and because of the TV I got a 4 star for the first time. I am from North Cyprus and we offer 2 sattelite channels which are TURKSAT and HOTBIRD channels. We have English, Italian, French, Arabic and Russian channels but still complained that there was not enough English channels. Unfortunatelly in Cyprus we donot have too much stations offering lots of international channels. What would you recommend me to do.

Thanks everyone.

Russell141
Level 2
Nokomis, FL

I have been offering free prime and one other, either netflix or hulu. However somehow one guest was able to purchase videos without my pin # and i thought fraud was happening and i shut my account down and this created a very upset guest, as their TV was deactivated. I did what any human being would do if multiple Amazon charges where posting and me not having any idea from whom! So there is technology drama by letting guests use your account, and all it takes is one 4 star and your superhost is gone now. So I'm thinking of re-thinking my generous free services. 

Tetiana12
Level 2
Stryi, Ukraine

We do have house accounts for Amazon Prime, Netflix, HULU, and SLING (for ESPN, ESPN is the most common deal breaker when it comes to TV services and booking. SLING offers more than ESPN), because these are things we use at home.  Do your own research on streaming sites through https://streamingsites.com/ , play with a few platforms and decide what works better for your guests

Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

What guests?????!