Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you offer your guests a free parking space? [Poll]

Do you offer car parking space_.png

Hello everyone,

I hope you’re all well!

Today, I thought we could discuss car parking space. Do you offer your guests somewhere they can park their car? Or perhaps you already have a car and so therefore don't have any space? If there isn't any available space, what tips do you give your guests with a car? I know that a lot of people hire a car while on holiday, as it is convenient.

Please feel free to expand on your answer by replying to this thread, I'm looking forward to reading your experience!

You can follow the progress of the poll >here<

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

15 Replies 15
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Quincy,

When I click on the "here" link in the "You can follow the progress of the poll" line it says that I need permission and that only people in the owner's organisation can see the form.

Steve.

Joyce72
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Yes, three parking spaces.  

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Quincy @Steve143 Same here:

"You need permission

This form can only be viewed by users in the owner's organisation.

Try contacting the owner of the form if you think that this is a mistake. Learn more."

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

I don't see an actual poll... 

I do include free parking, near the guest space.  Very little of the US is mass transit friendly, and so cars are required here. Having convienent parking has benefitted me over another absolutely lovely property a few blocks from mine, which does NOT have parking.  I can always tell when someone has read the other listing first, because they message me and ask how close the parking is!

When we travel abroad, I usually have a hire car, and so I definitely filter by parking, right away.  

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Steve143@Marzena4@Willow3

Thank you for the heads up! It should be accessible now 🙂 

-----

@Quincy Yes, it is 🙂

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I host in London where parking spaces for residents, never mind guests, are at a premium and hard to find in residential areas.  However I do stress in my listing that where I live parking is free on the street and does not require a permit, but that it might be difficult to park close to our house.  So far, it has not been an issue as our public transport system is so good.  I was amazed to see in the chart that over 63% of hosts offer a parking space!  Is that because most of the people who took part in the poll are in USA?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This is a bit like comparing apples with onions as the world is very different. 

Barr0
Level 2
Sutton, Canada

My off road parking space can only accommodate my car and 1 other.  So, I have that noted in my listing "Parking space available for 1 vehicle only". I rarely have guests with more than one car and street parking works fine when there is no snow. During the ski season extra vehicle parking can be an issue. 

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Quincy Yes i do!

Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

@Quincy We offer ample parking for guests. As we are at the end of a aprivate driveway parking has not been a problem for us. I'm certain that limited parking would detract from our rental. 

Colleen

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Colleen47,

Nice to meet you 🙂 

It's great to hear that you have enough parking space! Have you ever had guests showing up with more than 1 car? 

-----

@Quincy We have had many vehicles show up. We have parking available for about 6 cars on the property 

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

We recently had a parking pad poured. It was not simply for our guests but we make space avaiable for them. Most end up parking on the street, which is fine. 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.