Do you provide board games for your guests?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you provide board games for your guests?

Games.jpg

Hey there everyone,

I was chatting with a host recently that suggested the tip of leaving board games in her guest rooms for them to enjoy in their downtime. A deck of cards opens up endless possibilities of games but minimising family disputes calls for the avoidance of Monopoly, for sure!

Do you provide board games for your guests to indulge in? What are your top picks?

Thanks!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

146 Replies 146
Jill543
Level 2
Norwich, United Kingdom

Yes we do! We have a whole cupboard full of all sorts of indoor games for all ages - Monopoly, draughts,  Pictionary, chess, jigsaw, various sorts of cards etc. A big tin of crayons and a stack of paper for drawing and colouring. We love it when children leave us drawings and messages and put them in the back of our information folder. We also have Twister and a table football game. Lots of family-friendly DVDs as well.

Michele565
Level 2
Bradenton, FL

Absolutely!  Also, coloring books and colored pencils (sharpener), puzzles and children's books in the bunk room as well as adult books and magazines in our book nook.  Guests seem to appreciate this!

Shannon120
Level 2
Talkeetna, AK

I do. I have tons of games in the house, and I get a lot of great comments about them. I especially look for older games that parents and grandparents can teach their kids and grandkids. 

@Shannon120 how are you  dealing with board games during COVID? I don’t want to add disinfecting games to cleansers duties and they may want to charge extra in order to do so. Thinking of putting label for guest to use disinfectant wipes before and after. What do y’all think ?

Hi Nicole, thanks for the question. I closed my place in the fall of 2019 before the pandemic hit. But if I hadn't, I would have pulled the board games and puzzles, provided new wrapped card decks that they could take with them, and printed out lot of different card game options for them. 

You can find cases of card decks for a pretty reasonable price. Plus being able to take them with might be a night gift for them on the rest of their trip.

Does that help?

Shannon

Also, if you wanted to, you can get card decks branded with your Airbnb's name. Lots of possibilities. 🙂

Ann-and-Geoff0
Level 2
Tasman, New Zealand

In the Minty Caravan, we keep retro games, smaller old puzzles (to do in an evening>500pc) & silly old books, like "magic tricks" etc. And a game called "catch the match" that can be played with old & young. Another one is "Sorry", lots of versions of this game in different cultures & eras.

Also some coloured pencils/pens & a blank paper book. A ukulele with a chord book...

Jennifer1410
Level 1
Columbus, OH

yes! I bought an inexpensive set with multiple games (chess, checkers, etc) at Target and I always have a couple of decks of playing cards.

Colette5
Level 2
Tregarth, United Kingdom

We have always provided board games - even have a photo of them on our listings.  They are very popular and some recent guests were really happy that their teenagers turned off their phones and tablets to play board games instead.  We have some games that cross the language barriers too so our foreign guests don't miss out. 

@Colette5 how are  dealing with board games during COVID? I don’t want to add disinfecting games to cleansers duties and they may want to charge extra in order to do so. Thinking of putting label for guest to use disinfectant wipes before and after. What do y’all think ?

Shannon417
Level 2
Redondo Beach, CA

Hi, yes we offer board games ranging in age (Connect 4 for the little ones and Apple to Apple for the older guests). We also include a few children's books and card (SkipBo or Uno) games.We provide a selection of around 4 0r 5 games.I pre-bag (ziplocks) all parts to help keep them all intact.

Dave560
Level 1
Lynchburg, VA

We do. People love our giant Jenga set in the backyard of our house! It was fairly easy to make (cut up a stack of 2x4’s to length, instructions online).