Do you provide toothbrush kits for your guests?

Nico62
Level 1
Hong Kong

Do you provide toothbrush kits for your guests?

Hello everyone,

I am often asked by guests if I provide toothbrushes and toothpaste. I actually don't and was wondering if some of you did.

If yes, where do you source this kind of items? I was thinking of buying disposable dental kits in bulk.

What are your thoughts about this? Is it something important for my guests' overall experience?

Thank you!

Nico

8 Replies 8
Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

No we don't provide toothbrushes, razors, sanitary products or condoms. 

There is an assumption that the guests bring the items that they require during their stay. 

Saying that for UK based hosts if you need suppliers for your place have a look at Out of Eden, a Cumbrian based supplier from outside the National Park. I have no connection to out of Eden other than being a customer and trying to help rural businesses 

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

What a host provides for their guests, @Nico62, depends on the price of stay. There is no obligation to provide anything in fact, each host has to work out their own style...

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nico62

I totally agree with @Andrew157 and @Marzena4 .... in addition , my opinion is that it would be enviromentaly unfriendly. Toothbrushes lasts for a month and our average stay is just 2 days. 

Toothbrush is not heavy or bulky item and it fits in any bag.

I mean.. what would be next what we should provide? Underpants? Reading glasses? Socks? They are guests, not refugees, they can bring personal items with them, that's why suitcases are invented.

Not refugees? LoL

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

How I love that pragmatism of yours, @Branka-and-Silvia0. And being eco 🙂 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Nico62,

My listing is in Ireland and almost all of my guests have been from outside the country. All have managed to bring toothbrushes, razors etc. in their luggage so I don't provide them.

Sometimes they have just hand luggage so bringing such items on a flight doesn't seem to be a broblem.

I'd agree with @Branka-and-Silvia0's thoughts too.

Steve.

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Nico62,

I do not supply these things per se.  However, I do keep a small supply of toiletries.  If someone asks, or mentions that they forgot something (or asks for a nearby store because they forgot something), I would happily supply one.  It has only happened once.  

@Hilary-And-Ed0@Nico62, I'm with Hilary and Ed - I keep a few toothbrushes and small toothpastes in case someone has lost their luggage, etc. but I wouldn't put them out for everyone.  I think I've had only 1 request in about 150 hostings. I do put out small soaps and shampoos and conditioners but almost no one takes them.  Most of what I have is for "emergency" use - so that people don't have to run out to the pharmacy in the middle of the night.