Do you provide....?‌‌

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Do you provide....?‌‌

What sorts of things have you been asked if you provide by guests?  Have you thought "oh great idea!" and purchased them? Or been confused that anyone would expect a host to have this for guest use?

Here are some from our experiences.

-Fishing gear. Nope, we don't.

-Camping gear. Again, no. 

-Bicycles. No, but I have thought about getting some old bikes. Not really a great place to cycle near us though.

-High chair. No, we don't host infants at this point.

-Breakfast. No. Though we do leave snacks for guests. 

-A laptop for guests to use. No. 

- Sheets and towels. Of course. 

-Firewood. We provide a duraflame for indoors and do not provide wood for the firepit. We did at one point but it was impossible to keep up with how much got burned by some guests. 

-Pet beds. No but I have thought about getting one as we are pet-friendly. Will likely provide one in the future.

-Entertainment. No, not sure what type of entertainment the potential guests in this case wanted, but we are not on site. I guess I could sing to them over the phone?

-A steamer for clothing. Not at this time.

-A flat iron. Not at this time.

What about you my fellow hosts?

61 Replies 61

.@Pat271 I  don't leave ketchup and  mustard anyone. I provide a handful of boxed teas, Keurig cups, sugar packets, equal packets. I still provide a "shared" container of olive oil, salt and pepper and several bottles of water. Not particularly environmentally friendly … but neither is owning more than one home. 

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

We provide a little flat iron and board and a hairdryer.

A toaster as it's the UK.

Shower gel, shampoo and hand soap.

No odd requests but what even is a pineapple slicer?!

If a guest asked about drugs, I would have no clue where to get them from...