Do you reply to your reviews?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you reply to your reviews?

377924_GettyImages-900250042_ForYou.jpg

Hey there Hosts,

When a guest writes a review about their stay, the host can always reply to it. Do you often reply to your guest’s review? If you do, do you have your own personal guidelines on how you reply?

What are your top tips?

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

82 Replies 82
Geoff65
Level 5
Johannesburg, ZA

We do a response to most of our guest reviews, just a brief message to let them know we have read, noted and, in majority of cases,  appreciated their review and their staying with us.

Lidia112
Level 2
Ezpeleta, Argentina

Sometimes I am asked for the price, my answer is :  contact airbnb for that.

Every time I do so, the client declines

At the same time they offer mw to pay cash, I am due that is not allowwd by airbnb

I think it is always important to be thankfull to a good comment or compliment and to show the guest you appreciate their good comments...As it is also important to always give an answer to a bad coment for clarifying things.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@LaPlaya0 

I like your view on taking the bad with good, it will help us all improve!

-----

Osama12
Level 2
Alexandria Governorate, Egypt

I always reply to reviews. They help me to know what things that my guests liked and what things that they didn't like. I continue to do preferable things and I try to carry out their recommendations as possible as I can. It's important for hosts to develop their spaces to make their guests feel more comfortable.

Have a nice day!
Beth--And-Dave-0
Level 1
Leavenworth, WA

I always have - just a brief reply to let the guest know I have read their review - but the last couple times I have tried, the link in the email does not take me to the correct place and I cannot figure out how to respond. Help?

Great topic, I'm new to Hosting, and, yes I do reply to each review (facepalm) but after reading this board, i don't think I will any more, its make sense. 

Its just before we start hosting,, I read that you need to reply /respond to each review, not only negative.  

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Yev-and-Luba0 whilst you don't have to reply to every review, I've seen many hosts recommend you do both sides of the coin. 

Being able to reply to a negative review is something you can get a lot of advice from your fellow hosts here on the CC. Being able to respond factually and not express anger is a tough one!

Thanks

-----