Dodgy Superhost cheated on us and lied to us - what to do?

Dwi1
Level 2
Indonesia

Dodgy Superhost cheated on us and lied to us - what to do?

Hello. We have a very bad experience with this host and figured we need to get this resolved so the same thing doesn't happen to their other guests at the very least.

So we have decided to book this place

**[Link hidden]

As we wanted a private place and it looked like it is - as it says  *Stylish 1BR* it looks like it's a 1bedroom apartment but OK it is our fault we thought it's a private place while it's not, although the title is very confusing - this place is actually 2 bedroom apartment!  (not 1 bedroom apartment)

Anyway after we book we got a default message from the host - from there it was clear it's shared. It really should be clear from the title or description at least but OK. So we decided to cancel then (right after we see it's shared from the message - so after like 10 minutes from the booking). However the issue was it couldn't be refunded even 10mins after booking. So we contacted the hosts. At first it was a bit hard to communicate but then they gave us their phone number and WHat's App. We called with them for like 15-30 minutes explaining our issue. We said we will cancel ONLY and ONLY if they can provide us a full refund as it's a bit unconvenient for us to have a shared 2bedroom apartment instead of a 1bedroom and it was not clear from the title and description.

They have been nice and** (the owner) promised she will give us full refund. She said things like "I give you my word, you can trust me, I promise you will get the full refund". Just to be clear I have asked her to write this as a proof in the Airbnb message. She said she will not do that for some *random* reason, a bit dodgy I thought but OK she assured me again tot rust her and gave me her word etc. Looks like they have only good reviews so I trusted her.

We have canceled the reservation and patiently waited for the full refund - from time to time I have checked with her how is it going and she just kept telling me be patient I'm in contact with Airbnb etc.

Do I have proof? Yes! See screenshots attached.

As you can see she kept telling me she is contact with Airbnb while I'm pretty sure was doing nothing. Also she said she needs to ring Airbnb while all she needs to do is to approve the refund by herself. After 3 weeks she blocked our numbers with no responses. We contacted Airbnb and they said they cannot do anything. The hosts were most likely planning this from the VERY START!

If you are an honest person you can help us by reporting these dishonest and cheating people on the platform:

**[Link hidden]

Since Airbnb doesn't want to help, only us users can make this right.

This all resulted in wasting money, time and reduced trust in Airbnb platform and hosts. With hosts like these why even use Airbnb if they don't care about having dishonest people on the platform and giving them extra privilegies like superhost status?

As far as I know superhosts are suppose to provide only great/good experiences for their guests. This is very far from that.

**[Private conversation removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

30 Replies 30

FYI, I am seeing the same thing with guests.  I tried to be as descriptive as I can but the AirBNB platform is not specific enough.  When searching for "Entire Place" many think they get the "Entire House" if the property is segregated into 2 separate units with separate entrances.

It would be NICE for AirBNB to segregate the classifications into "Entire House" and "Apartment" and allow searching as such.  I tried specifying "Secondary Unit" but that still does not register with guests.  You have to specify it in the description, but even then people don't read the description.