Does AirBNB give guidelines to guests on star ratings?

Rachella0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Does AirBNB give guidelines to guests on star ratings?

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the star system. My last two guests gave rave reviews of my space and me as a host but did not leave 5 star ratings. Does AirBNB give any guidance to guests on what the ratings mean? I'm consistantly dinged on area (even though guests come to my specific area for a reason - such as a concert at the Ally Pally, or they are parents visiting their children who live a block away) and value ( even though our rate is much lower than most in London and includes breakfast). 

I'm at my wit's end and am in danger of losing my superhost status over this. 

1 Reply 1
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

This is such a huge issue.   Many of us feel exactly as you do.   We go to great pains to describe our area accurately, people come and stay based on the decision they've made after gathering all of the info - rave about the stay and then boom - 4 stars for location.  It's beyond maddening, and it's the issue that is keeping me from Superhost status as well.  I was a Superhost for four years, lost it because of a cancelation and would be eligible again in February but my reviews are at 78%, almost exclusively because of location.

Deboarh  has written some excellent posts about the star rating, but I'm afraid that I don't have the links handy.  Do a search in this forum for "star ratings" and you might be able to find them right away.