Does Airbnb show guests' negative reviews when sending to hosts a booking request?

Kathryn141
Level 2
Bahama, NC

Does Airbnb show guests' negative reviews when sending to hosts a booking request?

Does Airbnb show guests' negative reviews when sending to hosts a booking request?  I have a booking request from a guest who has been a member since 2013.  All I can see is 1 good review in all this time.  Am I seeing all reviews or only good reviews?  I would not accept a booking request if a guest had 1 good review but then had other bad reviews.  Thank you for any assistance.

8 Replies 8
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Kathryn141 Go to the guest's profile by clicking on their picture. You will see all of their reviews, positive and negative.

It's pretty common for people to have few or no reviews, even if they have been members for a while. It took me a while to book my first trip through Airbnb, and my usage as a guest has been spotty because it doesn't always work with the type of travel I do. 

A red flag for me would be if they mentioned they had taken lots of trips through Airbnb but there were no reviews, because some hosts don't review if the guest is bad. Otherwise, if you're still concerned, just ask them about it. 

Kathryn141
Level 2
Bahama, NC

Thank you Alexandra!

Daniel969
Level 4
Columbus, OH

I had a negative experience with a group who, after a few email exchanges, told me 'I won't be providing a review' therfore my negative review of them will never show either. Had I waited for them to post first, then confront them on damages, my review would have then posted.  This results in only positive post exchanges which I find misleading.

Thank you Daniel.  I'll remember this when I find it  necessary to post a negative reviews.  However, I agree that savy guests who are not respectful or conscientious of the property are exploiting the system.  Airbnb needs to figure out a way to address this problem so that hosts are protected.  Does anyone in the Community know how to counteract the misleading information when a disrespectful guest does not post a review which protects them from bad reviews?

Thank you again Daniel.

I think you misunderstand the review process, @Daniel969@Kathryn141 Your review will be published after 14 days whether or not the guest posts one.  The effect of both host and guest review posts is that the reviews will publish earlier than 14 days.  

Thank you for this additional information!

Yes, I did not understand it that way at all.  Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks did not know this. It bothered me when I cannot see their review until I post mine. So now I got the power back.