Does anyone have any nice guests in?!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Does anyone have any nice guests in?!

GettyImages-527613041.jpg

Having had a couple of “dud”’bookings/guests over the past few weeks I’m happy to report lots of wonderful charming guests in my listings at the moment:

-a fabulous Russian student here for a summer course at a University in central London, she loves the apartment as it’s her first time living outside of home!

-4 very charming French ladies here to explore London for a few days, keen to make the most of every single moment. 

-A great German guy, who’s in for a long stay. The washing machine broke down and had to be repalaced and he’s taken the whole thing in his stride and with very good humour.

-The coolest guest from Beijing, staying in my private room listing! She’s up and out early every morning after breakfast making the best of every moment even though the weather has been terrible here in London!

Anyone else got any good guests?

Paul 🙂 

136 Replies 136

@Alexandra316  That's so nice they come back then!

I have had one repeat guest who comes back to town on business, you're right it's nice to know what you're getting!

It's like having an old friend back 🙂

Tracy0
Level 10
London, GB

I've got a lovely Chinese guy and his two sons, very easygoing and enjoying London to the fullest despite the weather - today in the rain they went to Brighton! Bless.  They are first timers but so relaxed. 

On Tuesday, he pointed out to me that it was 'raining in the room' and smiled and I went to look and to my horror there was water running down the wall 😮 They were totally unfazed!!

Much better than having come home after a guest (not present during their stay) pulled down the curtains, left food on the floor in the livingroom, and left the gas stove on 😮

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact AirBNB
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Raining in the room! Sound like very chilled guests @Tracy0....can't tag you......the madness of tagging continues!

The weather has been terrible, even with an umbrella I have been soaked the whole time

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Paul1255 @Tracy

We've had a few days of rain here in Auckland, New Zealand, great knowing we are all under the same skies even when located in different locations in the world 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

@Paul1255 

Sweet post! Glad you're having good'uns at the moment – long may it last 🙂

We currently have B staying, he comes about twice a month, for 3 nights, for work. Lovely guy, semi-retired, no bother, out all day working, always pleasant when we see him – which is rarely, and that is fine! Hope that doesn't sound bad; I just mean that it's quite nice/easy to have a guest with a set routine, who doesn't need much interaction with us. His wife and their dog also come occasionally, and they are around more, and they are lovely too 🙂

He never leaves a review; I don't even care, it lets me off the hook 😉

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

B sounds like a great guest @Patricia0, again tagging not working!!

I love seeing and caring for my guests, but when I have ones who want to do their own thing, don't want breakfast and aren't fussed about seeing me, I do enjoy that time- in a good way 🙂

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Paul1255 

What a nice topic! 🙂 Too often we focus on the dud guests and not appreciate the nice or fun ones.

I've had good guests all year I think. I get a lot of repeat guests some of whom are on their sixth or seventh stay. 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Beth80 you are right! And that's so good you have had good ones all year...long may that continue!

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Paul1255 I've just had 5 nights off  - I aim for about 60% occupancy  - so have been able to watch the non- stop rain without having to worry about wet guests.  Tomorrow I have a couple from the USA  for 4 nights who are coming to see the Spice Girls and next week a really lovely couple are coming for 6 nights which is their 3rd stay in 3 years with me.  Last week I had a strange experience with a young couple from S Korea.  They booked to stay for 5 nights and during all that time they only ventured out of the house twice for 2 half day trips into central London.  They had never been to the UK before and I am at  a loss to understand the logic of travelling thousands of miles to stay in the rooms all day and occasionally come downstairs to eat noodles that they had brought with them.  Apart from that I have bookings up to October but am slightly concerned that I have had no new bookings for about 3 weeks now, which is most unusual for me.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Rachel0  and it really has been non-stop!

Interesting about your S Korean guests, you'd think they'd want to be out the whole time enjoying all that our town has to offer, but I guess everyone travels in their own unique way ahah

Are you booked through to October? If you are then guests probably won't be booking now for further than that into the future? Have you checked you're appearing in search and where?

Matt682
Level 9
Hednesford, United Kingdom

Firstly - thank you for posting this, it’s really nice to read all the positivity!

I have a lovely German student here for a long stay while she’s on work placement. We’ve been following the German woman’s football together, so far two wins for us 😄

I also had a friendly PhD student arrive today for an interview with the local branch of the Forrestry Commission tomorrow, so fingers crossed for him!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Matt682  nice! Sounds like you have some interesting guests in at the moment 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Am happy to report that I had lovely guests all season. Not one who made me feel the least bit like I couldn't wait until they left. My hosting season is over now- going on holiday myself in 2 weeks for a month. Seldom get bookings in the summer here, anyway, although my calendar is open for when I return.

Very odd thing- the last booking I had this year, in late May, the guest came to take exactly the same course as the last guest of the season in May I had last year. And both had done the same- booked my place for 3-4 days before moving over to the retreat center where they were taking the course, as room and board comes with signing up for the course. But they wanted a few days to explore and relax beforehand.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

That's good to hear @Sarah977 ! And good you get to go on holidays for a month, that's really good 🙂

And strange about your last bookings of the season to run in that way...odd how things like that work out