Does anyone have any nice guests in?!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Does anyone have any nice guests in?!

GettyImages-527613041.jpg

Having had a couple of “dud”’bookings/guests over the past few weeks I’m happy to report lots of wonderful charming guests in my listings at the moment:

-a fabulous Russian student here for a summer course at a University in central London, she loves the apartment as it’s her first time living outside of home!

-4 very charming French ladies here to explore London for a few days, keen to make the most of every single moment. 

-A great German guy, who’s in for a long stay. The washing machine broke down and had to be repalaced and he’s taken the whole thing in his stride and with very good humour.

-The coolest guest from Beijing, staying in my private room listing! She’s up and out early every morning after breakfast making the best of every moment even though the weather has been terrible here in London!

Anyone else got any good guests?

Paul 🙂 

136 Replies 136
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Yes @Paul1255  I've just hosted a delightful 5 the generation West Australian with an incredible family history.

So nice to meet an Australian who has come to visit the shores of New Zealand after such a LONG, year for us all.

How about you @Paul1255 @Amy1049 @Rachel0 @Susan17 @Kendra17 ?

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Paul1255 I am sorry if I bring down the mood on this thread but I just checked in the worst guests in my 3 years of hosting. A boyfriend and a girlfriend who broke up on the way here... it doesn't get any more tense than that 🙂 But other than that, this season so far we have had some amazing people. I just can't wait for Thursday to welcome other guests just not to think about these ones. 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ana1136  yikes! I bet you could cut the atmosphere with a sharp knife during that check-in, I don’t envy you...let’s hope that the holiday spirit brings them back together :))

Roll on Thursday and fresh guests for you!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ana1136 

My current guest (arrived yesterday) booked three months ago to come and see an old flame she has not seen for 28 years since she was living here. She was so excited in the message stream about the visit.

She arrived to find out he died on Monday night! 😞

My diplomacy skills may be tested somewhat!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4  Oh, lordy, how shocking and sad that must be for her. I'm sure your hosting and social skills will help her weather the pain of that.

Oh Dear @Robin4 ! If anyone is cut out for the job it's you. Please pass on sympathy from Airbnb hosts afar.

If anyone can add a note of grace and compassion, it’s you Robin.

I had a girl book from a hotel, running from an abusive situation. She came in to my personal rooms crying and shaking and scared. She needed a mom to hug her and listen, so I was honored to be able to help. She's been here 3 weeks now and is working through a divorce, and really needed to feel safe and welcome.

If you have more than one property, maybe they'd be better off if you offered them separate lodgings...

@Paul1255   I have  many nice guests followed by a rogue guest or two, it seems to go in waves. It is never plain sailing, but at least the squalls are far and few between and have never sunk the ship (not yet, anyway!).

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ange2 Yes I agree they can come in waves! Glad they have never sunk your ship :))

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A lovely Indian couple from San Francisco who were in awe of London, enjoying every last minute traipsing around our magnificent city. One mouse-like-quiet Scottish guy (who's already booked three other Mon-Fri stays). An Irish couple who brought soda bread (YUM). And two Chinese guests here at the minute, behaving well, other than leaving the bathroom lights on when they go out! 

It's not all bad.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sounds good to me @Gordon0 ! Hope you're well

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Paul1255   Right now our mix is about 30/70 fantastic v. total dud.  We recently hosted a lovely brother and sister from South America who reminded us of how enjoyable and rewarding airbnb can be,  as well as a couple from Canada who were really nice and respectful of our house, but most of the rest have been extremely poor communicators, semi sullen guests who just want a cheap place to stay, never read their messages let alone respond with even a 'tx' so we know they are getting information,  let alone have they read the listing details to realize basic things like they need a parking permit.