Does anyone have any nice guests in?!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Does anyone have any nice guests in?!

GettyImages-527613041.jpg

Having had a couple of “dud”’bookings/guests over the past few weeks I’m happy to report lots of wonderful charming guests in my listings at the moment:

-a fabulous Russian student here for a summer course at a University in central London, she loves the apartment as it’s her first time living outside of home!

-4 very charming French ladies here to explore London for a few days, keen to make the most of every single moment. 

-A great German guy, who’s in for a long stay. The washing machine broke down and had to be repalaced and he’s taken the whole thing in his stride and with very good humour.

-The coolest guest from Beijing, staying in my private room listing! She’s up and out early every morning after breakfast making the best of every moment even though the weather has been terrible here in London!

Anyone else got any good guests?

Paul 🙂 

136 Replies 136
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Mark116  wow that's a big split, and such a shame about the duds. Glad you at least got a reminder from your south American brother and sister.

@Mark116

solidarity, I think my abb split is close to 30/70 good/bad. The good news is that each bad guest has upped my rates and I’m still booked so at least there’s the money. 

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

Upping rates to avoid bad guests. Good Idea. It does seem to work!

I get a lot of people staying for weddings and most are pretty much in and out, not great communicators either, split pretty much 90/10 good to bad,and the bad are really insane.

someone(from Britain) went nut case over no iron in the guesthouse,even though we never had one. Banging on all the doors of our house at 7pm night before they left, and not soon enough.

I,m open most of the year and have been hosting since 95 so I have seen a lot. But not everything.

Most times guests are great and its a lot of fun to share between people.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

We had a lovely couple in our studio apartment this weekend who sent us a very polite message about how they were disturbed during the night by another group of guests in our other apartment next door. We apologized of course and felt really bad about it so we left them a small gift the next day and they left us 2 bottles of beer and a wonderful review 🙂

The other group of guests were every host nightmare, I can't tell you more right now and you all know what does it mean...

That's great they gave you a wonderful review @Branka-and-Silvia0 ! Shame about the bad ones tho...naughty guests

Leanne99
Level 10
Adelaide, Australia

Recently hosted a lovely group of 6  - The grandfather and first time AirBnB guest booked for his family to stay from the country while they supported their premie newborn baby in a nearby hospital. In my place he loved that they could all stay together and have somewhere to relax and entertain the other young family members at nearby playgrounds and other entertainment spots. He was so friendly and very appreciative in a few texts he sent during the stay to let me know all was well. They were perfect guests and left the house in a beautiful condition even after a 9 day stay.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sounds like a wonderful group of guests @Leanne99 !

We don't talk about the good ones enough- I know they are less newsworthy, but they are why we do it 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Good times @Paul1255!

Do you have a lot of upcoming bookings? 🙂 

Hope you're well!!! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Quincy I am well, how about you?

Yes, back-to-back madness without many gaps from the start of this month in all of my listings!

And in between I am spending lots of time with some of the London hosts I've met at the London home sharing club meetings...and returning to my apartment with major home-envy ahaha

Hard work but very worth it 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

All good here @Paul1255 :-). I'm looking outside wondering when the rain will stop as I forgot to bring an umbrella with me today. 

Busy times for you (which is a good thing!). I'm glad to hear everything is going well and that you were able to meet lots of fellow hosts. 

Happy hosting!!

Quin

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Is it STILL raining @Quincy !! I'm coming down your way to meet some hosts in Paddington in a bit, was going to walk but may rethink that now ha

Have a good evening 🙂

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Paul1255 Nice topic! After a few underwhelming guests myself, I seem to be back in the groove suddenly. I had a very nice family stay on the weekend with a newborn and a dog. They still somehow managed to leave the flat absolutely spotless and were extremely nice people

I have some of my favorite return guests arriving tomorrow and staying for two weeks, so life is looking pretty good right now! Hopefully the rest of the summer continues in the same vein.

Hey @Alexandra316  sounds very good to me! 

I don't have returning guests often, that's so nice for you 🙂

I am sure the rest of the summer will be great

@Paul1255 No, neither do I, but it's really nice to know what you're getting, especially when they're such great guests.They're Americans who stay in a lot of Airbnbs: they have over a hundred reviews, and pretty much never stay in the same place twice. It feels really good that they actually like my place enough to keep coming back.