Does anyone require a registration form for their bookings?

Does anyone require a registration form for their bookings?

Does anyone require a registration form for their bookings? I would like to set up a form that asks for the guest names, children ages, dog breeds and ages as well as car information so we know who should be at the house.

Does anyone have a template that they could share if they do this?

2 Replies 2
Patricia1375
Level 4
Nederland, CO

I have a rental agreement, which is noted on my website through Airbnb. 

It's a requirement of our home owners insurance, and we have to have that signed, or the reservation isn't finalized.  It asks for the names and ages of all guests including infants, as my county counts infants and due to our septic tank size, the county limits us to 8 total people. 

It also has an pet addendum on the 3rd page where it asks for the name, age and weight of the dog.  While we welcome all dog sizes and breeds, I want to be clear to guests we only allow one dog per reservation which gives us something to fall back on with a family shows up with three Saint Bernards. 

The rental agreement spells out the house rules, (also on the website) and asks for a copy of the drivers license of the primary person making the reservation.  That works great for us because we are down the road from Colorado's flagship university and we don't want 8 teenagers coming to party for spring break. The RA specifies the primary person must be thirty years of age or older.

I learned all this from this Community Center group and it has served me well.  It provides check in and check out hours, and gives us a chance to all be on the same page. 

That said:  Our current guests signed the RA and aren't following many of the rules-- i.e. where guest parking is, dog must be on a leash when ever outside (we have mountain lions here, and their dog is 7 lbs.), it emphasizes no outdoor fires do to a state fireban so that, too, was happening, etc..  But I believe it's still been helpful to have in hand when conversing back and forth..  

I have signed many a RA as a guest through Airbnb.  I simply took a couple of those and created my own to fit my needs.

Lorrie49
Level 1
Pleasureville, KY

I feel arirbnb should providde more information about guests. The last two guests that booked my location had ZERO information on their profile. Not even city/state. I discovered my last guest was not even who booked the property. I had to ask them to leave as they had a dog and when I contacted who had booked via airbnb they could not even tell me who was at the property. They stated they "booked for a friend". We need airbnb to send us more of this "verified" information they say they have.