Does someone from Airbnb follow this forum?

Does someone from Airbnb follow this forum?

I am just curious are we talking to ourselves here? Or does someone from company really reads and tries to make some improvements using suggestions made here.

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is a community for hosts and guests to ask advice and provide support. @AZ-Housing0 

You will often find with more experienced hosts here know more about how Airbnb works then there own customer services 😁😁😁😁 which can be an invaluable resource. 

There is a company employed by Airbnb to provide admin support.  And occasionally you will have someone from Airbnb post here. 

I just wonder if you see the level of cs for last 2 weeks going down significantly, or it is only me?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@AZ-Housing0 

Incidentally someone from Airbnb staff responds (like Catherine Powell), the members of the Host Advisery Board (HAB) are joining the community and the community admins can bring urgent matters to the attention of Airbnb. But the main purpose is: a communication platform for Airbnb hosts.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

There is a HAB @Emiel1

But they don't seem to be terribly proactive in providing advice on individual host issues here but rather talk about the work/priorities for their group.

It would be good to see them being more involved if the life of the forum.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

There are some Admins here who seem to be liaisons, and they have at times gotten information we have requested, highlighted posts of major interest, and in general been available to us. I am unclear how much influence they actually have with “Airbnb proper”, but I am glad they are here and appreciate their efforts.

These are folks like 

@Katie ,

@Nick ,

@Lizzie .

Ash51
Level 4
Toronto, Canada

I think, this community page is managed and paid by Airbnb, the company.

Maybe there's a Community Manager who takes care of the contents but may not be able to read all the discussion threads. The knowledge gathered here is huge. 

As a technology company,  I guess, there is an AI to summarize what's been discussed here. 🙂

I got many good suggestions in this forum. A few jerks attacked me for sharing my bad experience. I wanted to aware our fellow hosts. It's normal to have mix of things in such a large group. But I din't know that this forum is open to both hosts and guests. 

@Ash51   The "Host  Circle" section of this forum is only open to hosts. All the rest of the sections are open to anyone with an Airbnb account. They don't even have to be a host or a guest.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @AZ-Housing0 ,

Thanks for sharing your question. Each and every post is read by myself and my colleagues her on the Community Center - anything that feels should be fedback to the internal Airbnb teams is done so. The more Hosts talk about a particular thing, the more weight it has when we report it. If it is positive or negative, we take the common topics/thoughts and summarise them before sharing. All feedback on the CC is weighed up with other feedback outlets such as social media, the feedback button in the site footer and any other options available to Hosts. When we are able to share any movement on those feedback pieces, we will come back with what the changes may (or not) be but we can't also do that on a one-to-one basis due to volume.

If it is a bug/glitch it is reported straight away to the appropriate development team - we can also see if it has been reported on Airbnb social media too to check how frequent it is occurring, as well as gather any specific device details which help to pin down the cause.

@Ash51 sorry, no AI here - all read one by one by myself and the team 😅

I hope that has summed up a little bit what the Community Managers are up to on this platform and I look forward to hearing from you lots more in the future 😁

Thanks,

Stephanie

PS Thanks @Sarah977 @Helen3 @Emiel1 @Pat271 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines