Does someone know an insurance company in Massachusetts to be willing to insure our Airbnb home?

Jivka0
Level 1
Taunton, MA

Does someone know an insurance company in Massachusetts to be willing to insure our Airbnb home?

WE juste received the cancelation notice of our insurance because we are airbnb hosts.  Can someone recommend insurance, preferably insurance agent in our area, who is familiar with airbnb and be willing to insure our home.  

10 Replies 10
Margot21
Level 2
Houston, TX

I'm in Texas but let me know how you managed ! 

Laurie37
Level 2
Dover, NH

Were you able to find a resolution? 

I also would like to know of a reasonable home insurance company.

google proper insurance, it's a policy specifically designed for Airbnb rentals

Erin193
Level 1
Clinton, MA

Are you renting the entire home or just rooms? I'm new to Airbnb and am renting a room. Wondering if that's going to be a problem for me, too. Thanks, Erin

Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

@Jivka0, did you ever solve your insurance issue? Curious to know!  Susie in Boston

We signed up with Proper Insurance for our MA home. They cover Airbnb rentals in particular.  I did the math on another option and Proper Insurance was better- thanks for the tip, Sarah!

Anne226
Level 4
Falmouth, MA

Hi. I host and share my home on Cape Cod. I was on the MA State Fair Plan and fortunately found a new policy with a home sharing endorsement with Bunker Hill Insurance out of Boston. They write MA and CT policies. ****

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – to send a direct message here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Hi Anne,

Due to storm damage to  my property, I have been in the MA State Fair Plan.  My policy expires on Dec. 5 so I have to move quickly.  What is the insurance company you signed up with to comply with the new regulations?

Thank you,

Lisa

Phil2
Level 3
Andover, MA

I used CBIZ last year but moved to Proper Insurance this year because they had better prices and were back by Lloyds ofLondon. It's all done online.

What you really need to be aware of is the Massachusetts just passed a law on 12/28/2018 concerning short term rentals like AirBnB and you need to register with the state.