Does this conversation with CS make sense?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Does this conversation with CS make sense?

I got a message from CS asking for a full refund for someone who booked for a party and realized they will not get away with one so want to cancel. This person's sentences just do not make sense. 

She is telling me that if I do not refund the guest in full, the guest might stay anyway..."if guest report any issue. Please know the refund will be processed considering guest did inform why they reserved the place.". If I understand this correctly, if I do not let this person of the hook for free, they will stay, have a party, get in trouble and I would have to give them a refund because I was told they would have a party?

"Please know if any issue happen later on(in the future), this conversation will be considered to offer refund to the guest"- I don't get this part at all.

And another one: "Please understand if I had been supporting and I being rude, obnoxious and inconsiderate". What? Is she calling herself that? Me? Guest? So confusing and unnecessary.

Yes, of course I would rather give a refund that have a party on my hands but I can always resort to that option. Right now I am trying to salvage at least some of my income. To give a bit more background, this people reserved 4 months ago and it is just coming out now what their true intentions are.

4 Replies 4
Christine1081
Level 4
Humboldt, TN

There is a checkbox for having functions or parties and if they are allowed. That should handle it within the system-correct. Challenge and escalate if you have proper documentation. 

Christine Warrington
Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Inna22   

CS is trying to force You to allow a party which You do not want. They are telling You that You will loose Your money anyway.

I suggest You write to CS and the guest

• I will execute this reservation under the terms an conditions as set forth in my listing. If the guests do not follow those stipulations, they will have to live with the consequences on site – I will be prepared.

If anything goes wrong like disturbance of the neighbourhood or guests being killed in my listing, I will report You to Brian Chesky and I will report this to the media.

Have a nice day.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Inna22  I would ignore all those messages from the obviously clueless and incompetent CS rep and contact Airbnb myself to explain the situation.

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

Some messages I received from CS representatives are hard to decipher. I have also noticed that a lot of messages are "canned" and they only have to change certain key words, like the guest name, reservation #, etc.

I would just give the guest a full refund and say good riddance. Let them host their party somewhere else.