Does your house have plants?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Does your house have plants?

House Plants

Hello Everyone,

If you are like me I really enjoy having a few plants dotted around my home. I now have a little tradition in that every December I get a amaryllis plant which I grow from its bulb. Usually it takes a month or two until the flower opens and by this time I have usually forgotten which colour it is - so it is a lovely surprise. I also think I am getting the hang of keeping orchids, as far I know what to expect when all the flowers drop off! 🙂

Here is my amaryllis from last year:

Plant.jpeg

Do you have any house plants in your house or listing (if seperate)? Are you green-fingered? Perhaps you have some tips or suggestions on which varieties make good indoor plants? 🙂

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

38 Replies 38
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

On the topic of plants...do any of you recognise what plant this is? 

Office Plant.jpeg

It is my colleague's plant! 🙂

@Kim-and-Jen0@Graham-And-Michelle0@Robin4@Tim-and-Holly0@Huaai0@Sara2@Wendy-and-Frank0@Cormac0

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie Its Dracaena Marginata or dragon plant 🙂

Indoor plants, very Easy to take care. I have a few of those plants.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw this is so good to know thank @Kim-and-Jen0@Cormac0, it appears to be a Dragon Plant. 🙂

My colleague will be pleased to know it is easy to look after! 🙂 @Kim-and-Jen0, how much do you water your dragon plant? 

--------------------

@Lizzie

I didnt water it much, only when the soil dry. I killed one because of over watered 😞 

but this plants are cheap and easy to take care, better underwater than over water it.

🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww perfect @Kim-and-Jen0, this is very handy. I will let him know that he is on the right path...he may have green fingers yet! 🙂 

--------------------

@Lizzie

Hi Lizzie

Is it a snake plant?

Has anybody any pointers on setting up a herb garden, 

Light or shade?

Raised bed?

Peat or clay?

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow.

Graham-And-Michelle0
Level 9
Auckland, New Zealand

IMy Kalancho plant which is still flowering in the winter sunshine. It has had flowers constantly since I bought it in November. IMG_2230.JPG

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oo @Graham-And-Michelle0, this is a very pretty plant, it must love sitting next to window. It looks quite sunny there, but it has a little bit of shade from your blinds, is it hard to look after? 🙂

--------------------

Ann783
Level 10
New York, NY

We love plants. Inside we have aloe, jade, ZZ, snake plants, palm and Hoya. We ask guest to smell, admire and talk to our plants - but to resist watering them..