Dog friendly stay charge - how to add

Bude0
Level 1
Bude, United Kingdom

Dog friendly stay charge - how to add

Hi there, we are  small business and have listed one glamping pod, which is a set fee. If someone is bringing a dog they need to them add and extra £35 per booking, not per night onto the booking.

Is there a way of doing this?

5 Replies 5
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

Yes, note on your listing that you'll need to send through an additional charge for hosting a dog.

Before booking, you can send them a Special Offer with the $35 added (be sure the total include any extra person/cleaning charges)

Once they've reserved, you can add it by going to the "Cancel/Change this reservation" and then modify it to include the pet fee.

Or you can go through resolution center & select the option for "Additional services" (this may be best for your guest because I don't think they tack the Airbnb 6-16% fee onto additional services)

Jacquelyn-And-Alan0
Level 2
Saltash, United Kingdom

How do I add dogs to my listing?  there doesnt seem to be anywhere on the listing to add and charge for a dog.  We allow one dog but have to ask them to pay for it on arrival which they agree to but reluctant once here. There should be somewhere when you book to add a dog like you do for extra guest.

@Jacquelyn-And-Alan0 this is a long-standing deficit of the platform, subject of many host complaints. To avoid disappointing your guests, write in your listing and in your house rules (which guests must acknowledge to book) that pet fee of xxx will be requested after booking.  Then request it in the resolution center ("send/request money") right after the booking is made. Unfortunately you won't be able to do it until the guest's payment is complete, but there is no need to wait for their arrival. This method is better than sending a special offer because Airbnb will charge additional fees on the special offer.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I would add that you need to make sure you understand ABB's policy on Assistance Animals, which you can not charge for.

David
Jacquelyn-And-Alan0
Level 2
Saltash, United Kingdom

We are in the same boat, I ask for payment on arrival but eh guests never do without me having to chase them up. There should be a way to book in a pet and pay at same time