Don't worry, they will be back soon.

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

Don't worry, they will be back soon.

Mr. Bear and I in front of our Airbnb cottage.

20200221_145818.jpg

Rubén
9 Replies 9
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You two look very sad, @Rubén16 . 

My "parking attendent", masked up, sends condolences. 

tinmanmask.jpg

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rubén16 

Tell Mr B to cheer up, they will come back.

Rubén, Betts is so used to a steady stream of people through this place, she knows something is different and she looks at me almost asking for an explanation.......

If  dogs could talkIf dogs could talk

Her ears are constantly pricked for the sound of a vehicle door closing.

She waits at the front gate for that car to pull up......

Where have the people gone?Where have the people gone?

I am sure she is suffering from 'separation anxiety' !

Cheers.......Rob

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Robin4  I love your Airbnb welcome sign on your fence post, did you make it? 

Rubén
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rubén16 

Yes I did Rubén.

I had one guest compliant that he was confused as to just where the accommodation was because the listing photos do not show the front of the property and he marked me down!

Rubén, I have seen them arrive, the car pulls up out the front, they look at the place and I can see a hurried shuffling of papers, they decide that this cannot possibly be the listing they booked so, they drive off in search of another listing with the exact same address!

They return and decide that this must in actual fact be the property.....they get out of the car and walk up the driveway and this guy is seething.....he has a look on his face that says...." I want a piece of you.....MATE"!!!

I shake their hands and tell them to come around into the rear garden, and as soon as they walk through the gate, he just melts and says.....ahh this is it, this is what we were expecting!

Not wishing to get my head knocked off for false advertising I decided to put a sign out the front. I had to go through a few council issues to be able to do it....sandwich board advertising is prohibited in our R1 residential classified area, but at last council agreed as long as I only put that sign out when I am expecting guests to arrive they would allow it.

It does me well Rubén, and it is versatile! I host on another site as well and if I am expecting guests from that site I simply turn the laminated sheet around and.....bingo, I belong to another platform.....

IMG20190322103508.jpg

You learn after a while in this game Rubén, you have to hold their hand every step of the way!

Cheers.......Rob

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Cheer yourself by doing some voluntary work @Rubén16  There is always someone worse off than you are. Over Easter my partner delivered Easter Eggs to older people isolating in their homes and I have been helping cook food and make up food packages for those who are isolating and those on low incomes.

It is amazing how good it feels to be doing something, however small to help out the more vulnerable in our communities.

@Robin4  Betts looks adorable. Hope she has some visitors soon.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen3 

Helen, you are absolutely spot on....doing something for no reward gives you a wonderful feeling, and believe me it gets around.

I paid for a guys supermarket bill not so long ago when his credit card got declined. That episode has come back to me from 4 different sources in our community....people do talk!

Good on you Helen, every community needs people like you!

Easter or not....you are a good egg!

Cheers.......Rob

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ah thanks so much @Robin4 

I think doing something for others makes such a difference to how we feel in these tough times.

And helps put things in perspective. Yes we may be losing some income but compared to many who are on the streets, or older people or people with disabilities struggling to cope we are rich.

And compared to our amazing health and care workers who put their lives at risk every day to save us, we are risking nothing.

If we all pull together and help each other out....we will get through this.

Laura2714
Level 9
Cottonwood, AZ

I have had several offers from locals who want to enter into a long-term lease agreement with me. I have a nice flat and am losing more money, everyday.

The truth is I genuinely miss my Airbnb guests. I truly enjoy getting to meet travelers from all over the world. 

Being a host brings the richness of diversity to my life. I hope they come back, soon. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you tried signing up for the key workers scheme if you are missing hosting?  in that way you can still 'host' but can give something back to key workers by offering your place for free or at cost. @Laura2714