Door codes sent to guests?

Carie1
Level 6
Portland, OR

Door codes sent to guests?

On abb, it sure seems as though entering the door code information would result in an email being sent to the guests with the door code. But I can't tell whether they do or not. (In fact, why don't they just copy us on those messages, or put them in the message center?) I've never button-holed a guest to see, I just send it myself anyway. Anyone know whether I am just barraging them with needless information?

Thanks,

Carie

3 Replies 3
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Carie1,

THere is no email sent to guests with door codes - BUT, once the guest has made a reservation, then they can see the "DIRECTIONS" part of the listing, and that's where you can put the info.  The DIRECTIONS prints on the itinerary, so if they print it out and have it with them, it will include this important info.

Perhaps you also use VRBO?  I do, and I know on that platform they get an email two weeks (or the date that you sent) with Access Info.

But that doesn't happen on this platform.

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

I wondered that as well as I have a few gate codes for my complex. I send everything via messages. What if the guest misplaces the itinerary? Now whoever finds it knows your address and knows your door codes. Its a bit scary to be honest.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Carie1

Personally I wouldn't have the door code on any information disclosed to the guest through the site right after booking.

As you say, send them this information yourself, and I would only do it shortly before arrival.

This to protect you. It might be overly protective. However, there have been numerous cases of theft after guests received codes, arrived as early as possible and once in cancelled the booking.

Or if they already got the codes longer in advance, they could cancel, but send a buddy to clear out the space.

Just saying.

That's also why many hosts change the code for each booking.