Drop in bookings since joining Airbnb Plus

Sarah35
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Drop in bookings since joining Airbnb Plus

Has anyone that’s joined Airbnb Plus notices a drop in bookings? I was invited to join Airbnb Plus last October & went through the process & the listing was upgraded in December. I had a few concerns about what people have listed on the forum - sterile photos, lack of details which I do agree . Although a low season time January and February have been down about 50% for bookings. Even with Febuary half term coming up next week I have no bookings which is a first for me in my 6 years of listing. I’ve lowered my price, often discounts for 3 nights or more & still it seems very quiet. On the other hand, my other listing, which is not Airbnb Plus is doing as well as expected & bookings are flowing in steadily. Before I hit the ‘Leave Airbnb Plus’ button I wanted to see if any other hosts have had similar experiences? Thank you!

3 Replies 3
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hello

I am not a "plus host" so I can not answer your question.

Anyway, I thank you for sharing your experience, mainly for the comparison between the "plus" and "standard" listing. It is important to know what is going on.

Sarah35
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Thank you for your response.  I’ve since decided to leave Airbnb Plus for the moment & we’ll see how the programme develops & if bookings improve. 

Anni34
Level 2
Mount Hawke, United Kingdom

Hi Sarah, what’s your experience after leaving? I m a bit confused, we have a lot of views but booking rate went down too!