Duplicate inquiry and reservation request

Mark100
Level 3
Portland, OR

Duplicate inquiry and reservation request

I just received and accepted a 6-day reservation for next month. Great!

Except, the same person also sent an inquiry for the exact same reservation. And I can't accept it because the dates are reserved now -- with her reservation. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking on the inquiry and I don't want to hurt my ratings (100% response rate and an excellent response time.) I'm concerned that declining or dismissing the inquiry will damage that.

If I see this again, I guess I should accept the inquiry first and then the reservation, but that is no longer an option.

What do I do? And why does the software even allow this? 

Thanks!

Mark

4 Replies 4
Grace75
Level 1
Chesterfield, VA

Declining a request doesn't hurt your ratings or response time. This has happened multiple times to me, and I normally just decline the second request. The real problem is the renter sometimes thinks I have cancelled their reservation. So you'll need to send a follow up note to the renter that you have not cancelled their reservation, just declined the second request.

You can also call Customer Service and have them remove the second request. 

Thanks! Where is this number for Customer Service? I found the link for the Resolution Center but that seems to be only for people who already have reservations.  I clicked all around help and kept getting sent back to these fora.

As it turns out, I solved my own problem by "hacking" the website (in the positive sense of the word.) I noticed that the Approve button for the inquiry was on for a half-second before it dimmed out, every time I clicked on the inquiry.  So I exited, came back in and clicked it quickly during that split-second. It worked!

But obviously that's not an ideal method of handling this problem.

Oops, I spoke too soon. Went back to my dashboard and the Inquiry was still there.  So I guess my hacky method didn't work. Now I really need that phone number!

Mark

(415) 800-5959 is the number we always use to contact customer service.  Hope this helps.

Stan and Juris